US Military on Standby to Strike Iran from Saturday
Washington (ANTARA) - United States forces have been placed on standby for a possible strike against Iran starting Saturday, according to a report by CBS News.
The broadcaster also reported that President Donald Trump has not yet decided whether the strike will be carried out.
Meanwhile, the latest talks between Washington and Tehran regarding Iran's nuclear programme took place in Geneva on Tuesday, with the US delegation led by presidential envoy Steve Witkoff and Iran represented by Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi.
On 4 February, Trump said that Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei "should be very worried," whilst threatening to do "very bad things" to Iran should the country decide to continue its nuclear programme at a new facility.
Previously, Trump said that a "large armada" was heading towards Iran, whilst expressing hope that Tehran would agree to negotiate and sign a "fair and equitable" deal involving the complete cessation of nuclear weapons.
The president warned that if no agreement on Iran's nuclear programme is reached, a US strike against the country would be "far worse" than previous attacks.
The broadcaster also reported that President Donald Trump has not yet decided whether the strike will be carried out.
Meanwhile, the latest talks between Washington and Tehran regarding Iran's nuclear programme took place in Geneva on Tuesday, with the US delegation led by presidential envoy Steve Witkoff and Iran represented by Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi.
On 4 February, Trump said that Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei "should be very worried," whilst threatening to do "very bad things" to Iran should the country decide to continue its nuclear programme at a new facility.
Previously, Trump said that a "large armada" was heading towards Iran, whilst expressing hope that Tehran would agree to negotiate and sign a "fair and equitable" deal involving the complete cessation of nuclear weapons.
The president warned that if no agreement on Iran's nuclear programme is reached, a US strike against the country would be "far worse" than previous attacks.