Shocking Facts! Rp1.5 Billion Allegedly Flows to Ombudsman Chairman for 'Correction' of Ministry of Forestry's Non-Tax State Revenue
New facts have emerged in the case ensnaring Hery Susanto, Chairman of the Indonesian Ombudsman. He is alleged to have received Rp1.5 billion to assist in correcting the calculation of Non-Tax State Revenue (PNBP) conducted by the Ministry of Forestry (Kemenhut).
This allegation arose during the investigation into the nickel mining business governance case for the period 2013–2025 in Southeast Sulawesi, which is currently being handled by the Attorney General’s Office. This was revealed by the Director of Investigation at the Deputy Attorney General for Special Crimes of the Attorney General’s Office, Syarief Sulaeman Nahdi.
“Approximately what has been handed over from this one person is around one and a half billion rupiah or Rp1.5 billion,” he stated on Thursday, 16 April 2026.
The case began when PT TSHI faced issues related to the examination report (LHP) on the PNBP calculation or fine set by the Ministry of Forestry. The company then sought a way to correct the amount of obligations it had to pay.
In that process, Hery, who was then serving as an Ombudsman Commissioner, is said to have been involved. He is alleged to have issued a recommendation letter that impacted a change in the policy previously set by the Ministry of Forestry.
“Thus, the letter or policy by the Ministry of Forestry was corrected by the Ombudsman with an order for PT TSHI to calculate its own payment burden,” he said.
Through that recommendation, PT TSHI then independently recalculated the PNBP obligations it had to deposit. The Ministry of Forestry’s initial policy is said to have been cancelled. As compensation for his role, Hery is alleged to have received Rp1.5 billion from the Director of PT TSHI.
Previously reported, the legal drama ensnaring Hery Susanto, Chairman of the Indonesian Ombudsman, continues to unfold. After being arrested earlier, the Attorney General’s Office (Kejagung) has officially named Hery as a suspect in the alleged corruption case of nickel mining trade governance.
This designation was made after investigators from the Deputy Attorney General for Criminal Acts of Corruption (Jampidsus) obtained sufficient evidence to implicate Hery. This was revealed by the Director of Investigation at the Deputy Attorney General for Special Crimes of the Attorney General’s Office, Syarief Sulaeman Nahdi.
“The Jampidsus investigation team has designated, namely Mr HS, designating suspect Mr HS in the case of alleged criminal corruption in nickel mining trade governance activities from 2013 to 2025,” he said on Thursday, 16 April 2026.