Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

Victims of Bogus Investment Storm Suspect's Home in Tenjo, Bogor

| Source: DETIK Translated from Indonesian | Legal
Victims of Bogus Investment Storm Suspect's Home in Tenjo, Bogor
Image: DETIK

A suspected fraud case involving a staple goods investment scheme occurred in Tenjo Subdistrict, Bogor Regency, West Java. Dozens of residents who became victims stormed the alleged perpetrator’s house en masse to demand justice.

Video footage of the moment residents approached the alleged perpetrator’s house in the bogus investment case went viral on social media. In the video recording, several residents can be seen arriving at one of the neighbourhood houses.

In the video recording, the residents, dominated by housewives, appeared to arrive carrying cartons with various writings. At the location, Tenjo Police Chief Iptu Hendrik was seen in the midst of the residents, calming their emotions.

“I received information about a demonstration in Puri Tenjo, where residents were storming a house. When I checked the location, it turned out to be residents suspected of being victims of a staple goods investment scam, including cooking oil and granulated sugar,” said Tenjo Police Chief Iptu Hendrik when contacted for confirmation on Saturday (29/3/2026).

Hendrik said the incident occurred on Friday (26/3) afternoon. Iptu Hendrik, along with his team members, went to the location to calm the residents’ emotions and prevent anarchic actions.

“We went there so that the residents wouldn’t act anarchically, as the person had already fled, and we were worried about looting or people taking advantage of the situation to take goods,” said Hendrik.

“Alhamdulillah, the situation is conducive. Then, I socialised the matter of legal proceedings, and finally they agreed to come to the police station to file a report. The situation is safe up to now; if we had let it be or been late, they might have entered the perpetrator’s house and acted anarchically,” he added.

Currently, according to Hendrik, the case is under investigation. Several witnesses related to the case have been questioned. The alleged perpetrator’s house, Hendrik said, is now cordoned off by police to prevent residents from forcing entry.

“Now it’s under our handling; we’ve also coordinated with the Head of Criminal Investigation Unit, and up to now it’s still conducive. Since Friday, we’ve examined only two people: the reporting witness and the witness who was the investment admin. We haven’t confirmed the number of victims yet because more could emerge,” said Hendrik.

43 People Become Victims - Losses of Rp 1.1 Billion

Police revealed that 43 people became victims of the staple goods investment fraud, culminating in storming the perpetrator’s house in Tenjo, Bogor, West Java. The total losses are estimated at Rp 1.1 billion.

“Initial information (on the number of victims) is around 43 people. For example, if I join and bring in more people, there are many victims,” said Tenjo Police Chief Iptu Hendrik Hartono to detikcom on Sunday (29/3/2026).

Hendrik mentioned that the losses from the 43 victims amount to Rp 1.1 billion. They invested their money with the perpetrator, who was initialed, lured by promises of big profits.

“For the 43 people, the investment amounts vary; some Rp 60 million, the largest Rp 200 million. On average, the victims are women. So currently, the estimated loss is around Rp 1.1 billion from approximately 43 victims,” said Hendrik.

“It was like this: if the market price of cooking oil per kilo is Rp 39,000, he could sell it for Rp 30,000. So after many had invested, he fled,” he added.

View JSON | Print