Top 3: Mother of UGM Student Council Chair Terrorised; Prabowo Purchases Cattle
The three most popular stories on Tempo's National channel on Sunday, 15 February 2026, concerned the terrorising of the UGM Student Executive Board chair, Prabowo's cattle purchase, and preparations for thousands of peacekeeping troops to serve in Gaza.
**1. Parents of UGM Student Council Chair Terrorised**
The terror campaign targeting the Chair of the Student Executive Board (BEM) of Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM) in Yogyakarta, Tiyo Ardianto, has spread to his parents. Tiyo recounted that his mother was terrorised on Saturday evening, 14 February, when a WhatsApp message was suddenly sent to her number. The message contained accusations that Tiyo had embezzled campus funds.
"Apparently he likes to skim campus funds — no wonder he's so active, just to get a cut," read the message from the perpetrator, as quoted by Tiyo when contacted on Sunday, 15 February 2026.
The sender attached a photograph of Tiyo captioned "UGM Student Council Chair 'embezzles' fundraising money for students receiving the Indonesia Smart Card (KIP)." After receiving the threat, Tiyo's mother grew anxious. "I reassured my mother that nothing would happen," he said.
Previously, Tiyo had received threats after criticising President Prabowo Subianto for failing to guarantee children's basic rights following the tragedy of a child's suicide in East Nusa Tenggara.
**2. Prabowo Provides Cattle for Disaster-Affected Communities in Aceh**
Prabowo allocated Rp72.75 billion for the purchase of cattle. In Aceh, there is traditionally a *meugang* — a sacrificial slaughtering ceremony held ahead of Ramadan. The day before the fasting month begins, Acehnese communities customarily slaughter, cook and share meat with family and relatives.
A total of 1,455 cattle for the *meugang* were symbolically handed over by the Chair of the Task Force for Accelerated Post-Disaster Rehabilitation and Reconstruction in Sumatra, Muhammad Tito Karnavian, on Tuesday, 10 February 2026.
"Amid the recovery period, this assistance embodies the President's concern that the people of Aceh can continue to maintain and celebrate the *meugang* tradition in welcoming Ramadan," wrote the Communications Agency via its Instagram account @bakom.ri on Sunday, 15 February 2026.
**3. Eight Thousand Troops Ready to Be Deployed to Gaza**
The Indonesian National Armed Forces (TNI) Headquarters is targeting 8,000 peacekeeping and humanitarian troops to be in a state of readiness for deployment to Gaza, Palestine, by June 2026.
Army Spokesperson Brigadier General Donny Pramono explained that 1,000 personnel are targeted to be ready for departure by February, with the remainder following by June 2026 at the latest.
"Approximately one thousand personnel are targeted to be in a state of readiness by early April 2026, and the full complement of 8,000 personnel is targeted to be ready by the end of June 2026 at the latest," he said in a written statement on Sunday, 15 February 2026.
Donny clarified that "ready for departure" does not mean the troops will have departed for Gaza on that date, but rather that they will be fully prepared for deployment at any time. "The departure schedule remains entirely contingent upon the nation's political decision and applicable international mechanisms," he said.
He added that to date, the Army has not received any political decision regarding a departure date for the troops to Gaza. Both the TNI and the Ministry of Defence are still awaiting a decision from President Prabowo Subianto.
**1. Parents of UGM Student Council Chair Terrorised**
The terror campaign targeting the Chair of the Student Executive Board (BEM) of Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM) in Yogyakarta, Tiyo Ardianto, has spread to his parents. Tiyo recounted that his mother was terrorised on Saturday evening, 14 February, when a WhatsApp message was suddenly sent to her number. The message contained accusations that Tiyo had embezzled campus funds.
"Apparently he likes to skim campus funds — no wonder he's so active, just to get a cut," read the message from the perpetrator, as quoted by Tiyo when contacted on Sunday, 15 February 2026.
The sender attached a photograph of Tiyo captioned "UGM Student Council Chair 'embezzles' fundraising money for students receiving the Indonesia Smart Card (KIP)." After receiving the threat, Tiyo's mother grew anxious. "I reassured my mother that nothing would happen," he said.
Previously, Tiyo had received threats after criticising President Prabowo Subianto for failing to guarantee children's basic rights following the tragedy of a child's suicide in East Nusa Tenggara.
**2. Prabowo Provides Cattle for Disaster-Affected Communities in Aceh**
Prabowo allocated Rp72.75 billion for the purchase of cattle. In Aceh, there is traditionally a *meugang* — a sacrificial slaughtering ceremony held ahead of Ramadan. The day before the fasting month begins, Acehnese communities customarily slaughter, cook and share meat with family and relatives.
A total of 1,455 cattle for the *meugang* were symbolically handed over by the Chair of the Task Force for Accelerated Post-Disaster Rehabilitation and Reconstruction in Sumatra, Muhammad Tito Karnavian, on Tuesday, 10 February 2026.
"Amid the recovery period, this assistance embodies the President's concern that the people of Aceh can continue to maintain and celebrate the *meugang* tradition in welcoming Ramadan," wrote the Communications Agency via its Instagram account @bakom.ri on Sunday, 15 February 2026.
**3. Eight Thousand Troops Ready to Be Deployed to Gaza**
The Indonesian National Armed Forces (TNI) Headquarters is targeting 8,000 peacekeeping and humanitarian troops to be in a state of readiness for deployment to Gaza, Palestine, by June 2026.
Army Spokesperson Brigadier General Donny Pramono explained that 1,000 personnel are targeted to be ready for departure by February, with the remainder following by June 2026 at the latest.
"Approximately one thousand personnel are targeted to be in a state of readiness by early April 2026, and the full complement of 8,000 personnel is targeted to be ready by the end of June 2026 at the latest," he said in a written statement on Sunday, 15 February 2026.
Donny clarified that "ready for departure" does not mean the troops will have departed for Gaza on that date, but rather that they will be fully prepared for deployment at any time. "The departure schedule remains entirely contingent upon the nation's political decision and applicable international mechanisms," he said.
He added that to date, the Army has not received any political decision regarding a departure date for the troops to Gaza. Both the TNI and the Ministry of Defence are still awaiting a decision from President Prabowo Subianto.