Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

Pramono Confirms Construction of Hospitals on Sumber Waras and Cakung Sites

| Source: CNN_ID | Infrastructure
Jakarta Governor Pramono Anung has confirmed he will complete the construction of two new hospitals to strengthen healthcare facilities for residents.

One of his most significant moves is ending the long-running Sumber Waras land dispute, which had been stalled for over a decade, by transforming the site into an international-standard hospital.

Pramono affirmed that the land status issue surrounding Sumber Waras, which had remained unresolved for years, was finally settled during his first year in office alongside Deputy Governor Rano Karno.

"Next, we will promptly proceed with building a hospital on the Sumber Waras site. This has gone unresolved for 12 years. Thank God, under my administration with Bang Doel, the land matter has been settled and we will soon begin construction of an international hospital," Pramono said at the 'One Year of Building Jakarta from the Ground Up' event at Taman Ayodya, South Jakarta, on Friday (20 February).

Beyond the Sumber Waras mega-project, Pramono also announced the construction of another healthcare facility — Royal Batavia Hospital — located on Jalan Pool PPD, Cakung Barat, Cakung sub-district, East Jakarta.

"We will build two more hospitals. The first is Royal Batavia Hospital in Cakung, and the second is the hospital on the Sumber Waras site," Pramono said.

Pramono noted that Jakarta currently operates 31 hospitals, 44 sub-district community health centres (Puskesmas), and 292 auxiliary community health centres (Puskesmas Pembantu) spread across the kelurahan level.

"We already have 31 hospitals, 44 sub-district Puskesmas, and 292 auxiliary Puskesmas at the kelurahan level," he said.

The addition of the two new hospitals is expected to accommodate the medical needs of Jakarta's residents more equitably, with significantly higher service standards.
View JSON | Print