Police Trace the Trail of 6 Fugitives in Ukrainian National's Case in Bali, Fleeing Gradually to Abroad
Police have obtained the escape trails of six suspects listed as persons sought for questioning (DPO) in the case of the kidnapping and murder of a Ukrainian national in Bali. The fugitives are said to have fled gradually until they are suspected of escaping abroad to avoid pursuit by authorities. Bali Regional Police revealed that the six suspects hail from three countries: Ukraine, Russia, and Kazakhstan. Meanwhile, another individual suspected of involvement was previously secured in West Nusa Tenggara (NTB) and is a Nigerian national. The Director of Criminal Investigation at Bali Regional Police, Senior Commissioner I Gede Adhi Mulyawarman, stated that investigators have coordinated with Interpol to track the whereabouts of the six fugitives. “After coordinating with global Interpol, we have determined the suspected final positions of the six fugitives,” he said at Bali Police Headquarters on Monday (30/3/2026). Police uncovered the fugitives’ escape pattern, leaving Bali gradually before heading abroad. They dispersed to complicate tracking by authorities. “They fled from Bali gradually, some from Bali and so on, heading to abroad,” he said. From crossing data tracing, investigators found the suspects’ travel trails, which moved to several regions in Indonesia before allegedly fleeing abroad. “From the crossing data, it shows that some went to Jakarta, then fled to NTT, and the last one we secured in NTB,” he explained. The names of the six DPOs are Nikolai Patrik from Russia, Dennys Halushko from Ukraine, Vladislav Akhanov from Kazakhstan, Vasyl Nemesh from Ukraine, Sergei Moiseev from Russia, and Roman Melnyk from Ukraine. Additionally, police have secured Chukuebuka Gabriel, a Nigerian national, in the West Nusa Tenggara region on Thursday (23/2/2026). He is suspected of acting as the vehicle renter used by the six suspects with three fake passports. According to investigators, the rented car is one of the key pieces of evidence in the case. Bloodstains found inside the vehicle matched the victim’s DNA profile. Previously, DNA examination confirmed that body parts found in the Muara Sungai Wos Teben, Ketewel Village, Sukawati, belonged to the Ukrainian national reported kidnapped in Jimbaran, South Kuta. This certainty was obtained after six bone samples, including molars, thigh bones, and rib bones, were examined at the Forensic Laboratory of National Police Headquarters and matched the victim’s mother’s DNA as well as bloodstains found in a black Avanza car and a villa in Tabanan. Currently, investigators are still pursuing the six DPO suspects through cross-border cooperation with Interpol and the International Traffic Directorate of the National Police. Police have not disclosed the exact locations of the fugitives but assured that the pursuit process continues intensively.