Part of Soekarno-Hatta Airport Train Evacuated to Kalideres as Track Recovery Continues
Kereta Api Indonesia (KAI) Regional Operations (Daop) 1 Jakarta evacuated a Soekarno-Hatta Airport train involved in a collision with a truck on the Rawabuaya-Batuceper line. KAI deployed a rescue train to support the evacuation process.
"As soon as we received the information, we immediately activated emergency response procedures and dispatched a team to the scene. Our primary focus was ensuring there were no casualties, securing the area, and expediting the recovery process so that train services could return to normal whilst maintaining safety as the foremost priority," said KAI Daop 1 Jakarta Public Relations Manager Franoto Wibowo on Friday (20 February 2026).
The rescue train was deployed to support the evacuation of the train consist and to ensure all infrastructure could be thoroughly inspected. Simultaneously, the infrastructure team carried out the re-erection of overhead catenary system (LAA) poles, contact wire inspections, and track geometry re-measurement to ensure all safety standards were met before operations were normalised.
By 09.40 WIB, part of the train consist was able to depart for Kalideres Station, arriving at 09.49 WIB. The track recovery process then continued until the line was declared safe for gradual resumption of train services.
Franoto said the evacuation process was still ongoing, with the KAI Daop 1 team remaining at the accident site.
"Not yet complete — the train is still being evacuated. The truck was evacuated at 10.50 WIB," he said.
The airport train was involved in a collision with a truck earlier that morning on the Rawabuaya-Batuceper line. The KAI Daop 1 Jakarta team worked to ensure travel safety and expedite the restoration of operations.
The incident report was received at 06.06 WIB. The first responders arrived at the scene at approximately 06.20 WIB to conduct an initial assessment of track and rolling stock conditions.
Subsequently, dozens of infrastructure emergency response personnel were deployed to secure the location and inspect rails, sleepers, and the overhead catenary system (LAA) affected by the impact.
For the safety of personnel and the evacuation process, electrical supply on the affected line was temporarily shut down at approximately 07.25 WIB. Recovery efforts focused on removing the truck obstructing the rail line and addressing the damaged catenary poles.
At approximately 08.30 WIB, the truck's cargo was offloaded to expedite and ensure the safe lifting of the vehicle. Cargo offloading was completed at 09.05 WIB. A crane vehicle that arrived at 08.56 WIB, along with other heavy equipment, immediately began evacuating the truck body from the rail line.
"We understand this disruption has affected our customers. However, safety remains our utmost priority. All teams are working at full capacity to ensure the evacuation and recovery process proceeds swiftly, safely, and in a controlled manner, and to ensure that infrastructure such as the rail line and catenary system is fully fit for operation before services are normalised," he said.
"As soon as we received the information, we immediately activated emergency response procedures and dispatched a team to the scene. Our primary focus was ensuring there were no casualties, securing the area, and expediting the recovery process so that train services could return to normal whilst maintaining safety as the foremost priority," said KAI Daop 1 Jakarta Public Relations Manager Franoto Wibowo on Friday (20 February 2026).
The rescue train was deployed to support the evacuation of the train consist and to ensure all infrastructure could be thoroughly inspected. Simultaneously, the infrastructure team carried out the re-erection of overhead catenary system (LAA) poles, contact wire inspections, and track geometry re-measurement to ensure all safety standards were met before operations were normalised.
By 09.40 WIB, part of the train consist was able to depart for Kalideres Station, arriving at 09.49 WIB. The track recovery process then continued until the line was declared safe for gradual resumption of train services.
Franoto said the evacuation process was still ongoing, with the KAI Daop 1 team remaining at the accident site.
"Not yet complete — the train is still being evacuated. The truck was evacuated at 10.50 WIB," he said.
The airport train was involved in a collision with a truck earlier that morning on the Rawabuaya-Batuceper line. The KAI Daop 1 Jakarta team worked to ensure travel safety and expedite the restoration of operations.
The incident report was received at 06.06 WIB. The first responders arrived at the scene at approximately 06.20 WIB to conduct an initial assessment of track and rolling stock conditions.
Subsequently, dozens of infrastructure emergency response personnel were deployed to secure the location and inspect rails, sleepers, and the overhead catenary system (LAA) affected by the impact.
For the safety of personnel and the evacuation process, electrical supply on the affected line was temporarily shut down at approximately 07.25 WIB. Recovery efforts focused on removing the truck obstructing the rail line and addressing the damaged catenary poles.
At approximately 08.30 WIB, the truck's cargo was offloaded to expedite and ensure the safe lifting of the vehicle. Cargo offloading was completed at 09.05 WIB. A crane vehicle that arrived at 08.56 WIB, along with other heavy equipment, immediately began evacuating the truck body from the rail line.
"We understand this disruption has affected our customers. However, safety remains our utmost priority. All teams are working at full capacity to ensure the evacuation and recovery process proceeds swiftly, safely, and in a controlled manner, and to ensure that infrastructure such as the rail line and catenary system is fully fit for operation before services are normalised," he said.