KPK Investigates Function of Safe House in South Tangerang Raided in Customs Bribery Case
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) will conduct a further investigation into a safe house in Ciputat, South Tangerang, connected to a corruption case involving alleged bribery of Directorate General of Customs and Excise (DJBC) officials at the Ministry of Finance. The safe house has been identified as an operational base.
"The safe house is suspected to have been used for the operational activities of the defendants in question. We will therefore investigate further, including the findings from the most recent raid last Friday, during which the team also secured a quantity of cash at the safe house," KPK spokesperson Budi Prasetyo told reporters on Thursday (19/2/2026).
Budi explained that the safe house served as a method for the perpetrators to secure money, noting that this modus operandi is frequently employed in customs bribery cases.
"This means that the use of safe houses for storing money is a widespread practice in cases of alleged corruption involving bribery in goods importation at the Directorate General of Customs and Excise," he said.
Previously, the KPK seized Rp 5 billion during a raid on the safe house. The KPK revealed that the location was one of the suspects' safe houses.
"The money in the suitcases was secured when investigators carried out the search at the safe house. Investigators will naturally look further into the discovery of five suitcases containing cash," KPK spokesperson Budi Prasetyo told reporters on Wednesday (18/2).
The KPK is continuing to investigate the use of the safe house for storing money believed to be the proceeds of bribery. Budi did not disclose the identity of the safe house's owner.
"The parties involved also used the location to store money suspected of being linked to this case. Investigators will examine the alleged flow of funds originating from or connected to the alleged corruption offence in goods importation at the Directorate General of Customs and Excise. This includes determining whether other parties were also involved in the scheme to manipulate goods entry channels," he said.
The KPK reported seizing a number of items of evidence during the raid, including billions of rupiah transported in suitcases.
"During the search, the team secured evidence comprising five suitcases containing cash totalling more than Rp 5 billion. The cash was in the form of rupiah, US dollars, Singapore dollars, Hong Kong dollars, and ringgit," Budi said on Friday (13/2).
"The safe house is suspected to have been used for the operational activities of the defendants in question. We will therefore investigate further, including the findings from the most recent raid last Friday, during which the team also secured a quantity of cash at the safe house," KPK spokesperson Budi Prasetyo told reporters on Thursday (19/2/2026).
Budi explained that the safe house served as a method for the perpetrators to secure money, noting that this modus operandi is frequently employed in customs bribery cases.
"This means that the use of safe houses for storing money is a widespread practice in cases of alleged corruption involving bribery in goods importation at the Directorate General of Customs and Excise," he said.
Previously, the KPK seized Rp 5 billion during a raid on the safe house. The KPK revealed that the location was one of the suspects' safe houses.
"The money in the suitcases was secured when investigators carried out the search at the safe house. Investigators will naturally look further into the discovery of five suitcases containing cash," KPK spokesperson Budi Prasetyo told reporters on Wednesday (18/2).
The KPK is continuing to investigate the use of the safe house for storing money believed to be the proceeds of bribery. Budi did not disclose the identity of the safe house's owner.
"The parties involved also used the location to store money suspected of being linked to this case. Investigators will examine the alleged flow of funds originating from or connected to the alleged corruption offence in goods importation at the Directorate General of Customs and Excise. This includes determining whether other parties were also involved in the scheme to manipulate goods entry channels," he said.
The KPK reported seizing a number of items of evidence during the raid, including billions of rupiah transported in suitcases.
"During the search, the team secured evidence comprising five suitcases containing cash totalling more than Rp 5 billion. The cash was in the form of rupiah, US dollars, Singapore dollars, Hong Kong dollars, and ringgit," Budi said on Friday (13/2).