Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

Jeje Threatens to Dismiss Civil Registry Employees Colluding with Fixers in Population Administration Services

| | Source: REPUBLIKA Translated from Indonesian | Regulation
Jeje Threatens to Dismiss Civil Registry Employees Colluding with Fixers in Population Administration Services
Image: REPUBLIKA

West Bandung Regent Jeje Ritchie Ismail has threatened to dismiss employees from the Civil Registry and Population Records Office (Disdukcapil) of West Bandung Regency (KBB) if they are proven to be colluding with fixers in handling population administration matters. The reason is that Jeje continues to find fixers lingering around, offering services to process population administration at the KBB Public Service Office (MPP). As experienced by Siti Bariah (25), a resident of Cibitung Village, Rongga Subdistrict, who claimed to be rejected by officials under the pretext that services had closed when trying to obtain a birth certificate, eventually completing it through a fixer. “I will not hesitate to take firm action if internal personnel are found collaborating with outsiders or fixers. I emphasise that this could result in dishonourable dismissal; that is the punishment,” said Jeje on Thursday (30/4/2026). Jeje expressed anger over the presence of fixers still roaming and offering services for population administration needs. He will investigate suspicions of internal involvement collaborating with those fixers. “I want to ask how they (the fixers) have access inside; if caught, there will definitely be punishment.” His side will also evaluate population administration services with the aim of making it easier for the people of West Bandung. Jeje emphasised that all population administration services are free of charge, so the public is urged not to be tempted by fixers. “Of course, we are conducting an evaluation because there are still fixer practices at this MPP. Public services that should be a convenience for the people are now being made difficult,” said Jeje. Previously, Siti Bariah (25), a resident of Cibitung Village, Rongga Subdistrict, recounted her unpleasant experience when processing her child’s birth certificate and Child Identity Card (KIA) on Monday (27/4/2026). She travelled two hours from her home to handle the population administration. “I came from Cibitung, Rongga to process population administration for a birth certificate and KIA. I arrived at 09:00 WIB, after a two-hour journey, but did not get a morning queue and was asked to wait until afternoon,” Siti told reporters. After waiting for hours, Siti finally received queue number 0125. However, when her turn came, her documents were rejected by the official on the grounds that the system had closed because the daily service quota was full. “When it was my turn, they said the system had closed because the quota was full. Even though I had waited a long time,” said Siti. Not long after, Siti claimed to be approached by a man offering quick document processing services. The man is suspected to be a fixer exploiting the limited service situation. She was asked to pay Rp200,000 until completion. “Not long after that, a man offered services for the birth certificate. He said he could help even though the system was closed. But I had to pay Rp200,000; in the end, I paid Rp160,000,” she said.

View JSON | Print