Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

Jakarta Police Apprehend Five Youths Preparing for Street Brawl in East Jakarta

| Source: ANTARA_ID
Jakarta (ANTARA) - The Anti-Brawl Task Force of the Mobile Brigade (Brimob) under the Jakarta Metropolitan Police (Polda Metro Jaya) and the East Jakarta Metropolitan Police apprehended five youths suspected of preparing for a street brawl whilst carrying bladed weapons in the Ciracas area of East Jakarta early on Monday morning.

Brimob Jakarta Metropolitan Police Unit Commander Senior Commissioner Henik Maryanto explained that the five youths were apprehended when the 2026 Anti-Brawl Operation Task Force team from Brimob and the East Jakarta Metropolitan Police were conducting routine patrols.

"During an inspection of a group of youths who were gathered together, officers discovered four bladed weapons suspected of being intended for use in acts of violence or brawling. All five were subsequently taken into custody for further investigation," said Henik in Jakarta on Monday.

He stated that the patrol was part of a commitment to maintaining regional security stability through the Jakarta Metropolitan Police Chief's programme entitled Jaga Jakarta (Guard Jakarta).

"We conduct our patrols routinely and in a measured manner as a preventive measure so that potential public order disturbances can be prevented at an early stage," said Henik.

He also urged the public to play an active role in maintaining the security of their surroundings. Residents were asked to make use of the 110 Call Centre, which operates 24 hours, to report potential public order disturbances.

Meanwhile, Jakarta Metropolitan Police Public Relations Head Senior Commissioner Budi Hermanto stated that although the 2026 Operasi Pekat Jaya (Operation Pekat Jaya) had been declared concluded, pre-emptive, preventive and repressive efforts continue to be carried out by the Jakarta Metropolitan Police.

One such effort is the establishment of the Anti-Brawl Task Force by the Jakarta Metropolitan Police Chief. The task force is confirmed to continue operating indefinitely.

The Jakarta Metropolitan Police is committed to making the Greater Jakarta area safe and achieving zero brawls through law enforcement and firm, measured preventive and repressive efforts, whilst prioritising a humanistic approach.

"We are paying particular attention to the phenomenon of street brawls and violence, which has a negative impact on public safety and the future prospects of children and adolescents," said Budi.
View JSON | Print