Iran Denies Trump's Claim on Uranium: Never Discussed in Negotiations
Iran’s Foreign Ministry has stated that the country’s enriched uranium stockpiles will not be transferred “anywhere”. This statement was made to refute the claim by US President Donald Trump that Iran agreed to hand over the uranium.
“Iran’s enriched uranium will not be transferred anywhere,” said spokesman for Iran’s Foreign Ministry Esmaeil Baqaei to Iranian state television, as reported by AFP news agency, quoted by detikNews on Saturday (18/4/2026).
“The transfer of Iran’s enriched uranium to the US was never discussed in the negotiations,” he snapped.
Trump had posted on his Truth Social platform on Friday morning (17/4) local time about “the US will get all the ‘Nuclear Dust’ produced by our great B2 bomber planes,” referring to the enriched uranium that was buried due to the US attack last year.
However, Baqaei said recent talks have centred on resolving the conflict, not on handing over Iran’s uranium stockpiles.
“Previous negotiations focused on nuclear issues, but now the negotiations focus on ending the war, and of course the scope of topics discussed has become broader and more diverse,” he said.
“The 10-point plan to lift sanctions is very important to us. The issue of compensation for damages caused during the imposed war is very important,” he stated.
He also criticised Trump for posting on Truth Social about the US naval blockade of Iranian ports remaining in place until a peace agreement with Tehran is reached, even though the Strait of Hormuz has been declared open again.
“The opening and closing of the Strait of Hormuz does not happen on the internet; it is determined on the ground, and our armed forces certainly know how to act in response to any actions from the other side,” Baqaei said.
“What they call a naval blockade will certainly be met with an appropriate response from Iran. A naval blockade is a violation of the ceasefire, and Iran will certainly take the necessary actions,” he emphasised.