GPCI: All Global Sumud Flotilla Delegations, Including Indonesian Citizens Detained by Israel, Have Been Freed
Jakarta, VIVA – Global Peace Convoy Indonesia (GPCI) stated that all delegates of the Global Sumud Flotilla (GSF), including 9 Indonesian citizens who were previously detained by the Israeli military, have been freed. This was conveyed by GPCI Media Coordinator Harfin Naqsyabandy based on official confirmation from the Adalah legal team. ‘All delegates of the Global Sumud Flotilla (GSF) and Freedom Flotilla Coalition (FFC) who were previously held in Ketziot Prison have been freed from Israeli detention facilities,’ Harfin said in a statement on Thursday, 21 May 2026. Harfin said that all delegates are currently in the process of deportation and repatriation from Israeli territory. They will be repatriated via Turkey. ‘The delegates are currently in the process of deportation and repatriation out of Israeli territory via Ramon Airport/Eilat towards Istanbul, Turkey,’ he added. GPCI had previously received reports that the delegates endured various acts of violence and inhumane treatment during detention, including beating, use of tasers and rubber bullets, humiliation and abuse. Some victims even sustained serious injuries and required medical treatment. Previously reported, Indonesia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Kemlu) confirmed that all Indonesian citizens who participated in the humanitarian flotilla to the Gaza Strip were abducted by Zionist Israeli forces who intercepted their ships. ‘According to the latest information, the 9 Indonesian citizens members of Global Peace Convoy Indonesia (GPCI) participating in Mission GSF 2.0 were all reportedly detained by Israel,’ said Foreign Ministry spokesperson Vahd Nabyl A. Mulachela in a written response to ANTARA in Jakarta, on Wednesday. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, together with Indonesian representatives in the region, continued intensive engagement with local authorities and all relevant parties to ensure all 9 Indonesian citizens are safe and protected. Among the 9 Indonesians abducted by Israel were three national media journalists carrying out their journalism, namely Bambang Noroyono and Thoudy Badai from Republika, and Andre Prasetyo Nugroho from Tempo. Nabyl stressed that all diplomatic channels and consular steps are being maximised to ensure full protection for the Indonesian citizens abducted by Israel. These steps will be pursued until all Indonesian flotilla participants to Gaza can return home safely, he added.