Former Manpower Ministry Secretary-General Admits Receiving Rp 125 Million from Foreign Worker Agent After Retirement
Prosecutors called former Secretary-General of the Ministry of Manpower, Heri Sudarmanto, as a witness in the alleged corruption case involving the processing of foreign worker (TKA) permits at the ministry. Heri admitted to receiving money from a foreign worker agent.
The trial was held at the Jakarta Corruption Court on Thursday (19 February 2026). Prosecutors initially questioned Heri about Herman Susanto, who is his brother-in-law.
"Did you ever ask Herman Susanto to lend his bank account to hold money from agents?" the prosecutor asked.
"It wasn't to hold money from multiple agents, no. It was just one agent. When I retired, as I mentioned earlier, before we retired the ministry gave us a sort of orientation. They told us, 'Gentlemen, you are about to retire; you are permitted to engage in any business to sustain your livelihood.' So after I had retired, a colleague named Pak Triono asked me to help arrange foreign worker permits. I then asked my brother-in-law to receive the money. That's all, Your Honour," Heri replied.
"Only from one agent?" the prosecutor asked.
"Yes," Heri answered.
The prosecutor then asked how much money had been held in his brother-in-law's account. Heri admitted to receiving Rp 125 million from the agent.
"Regarding Herman Susanto's account, how much was the amount to your knowledge?" the prosecutor asked.
"I've forgotten, I don't know, because I was already retired. As I mentioned, before retirement we were briefed by the ministry about sustaining our livelihoods," Heri replied.
"Roughly, what was the approximate amount if you can't remember exactly?" the prosecutor pressed.
"I've forgotten because we were working jointly with Pak Triono," Heri answered.
"Millions, billions, trillions?" the prosecutor asked.
"Certainly not trillions," Heri responded.
The prosecutor continued pressing on the amount Heri had received. According to Heri, the money he received was shared with his associate.
"Honestly, I personally received around a hundred million," Heri said.
"Around a hundred million?" the prosecutor asked.
"Rp 125 million, yes," Heri confirmed.
There are eight defendants in this case. Their identities are as follows:
1. Putri Citra Wahyoe, RPTKA Hotline Officer for the 2019–2024 period and RPTKA Endorsement Verifier at the Directorate of Foreign Worker Usage Control (PPTKA) from 2024–2025.
2. Jamal Shodiqin, Administrative Analyst at the PPTKA Directorate from 2019–2024 and First Expert Employment Facilitator at the PPTKA Directorate from 2024–2025.
3. Alfa Eshad, Junior Expert Employment Facilitator at the Ministry of Manpower from 2018–2025.
4. Suhartono, Director-General of Workforce Placement Development and Employment Opportunity Expansion (Binapenta and PKK) at the Ministry of Manpower from 2020–2023.
5. Haryanto, Director of PPTKA from 2019–2024, Director-General of Binapenta and PKK from 2024–2025, currently serving as Ministerial Expert Staff for International Relations.
6. Wisnu Pramono, Director of PPTKA from 2017–2019.
7. Devi Angraeni, Director of PPTKA from 2024–2025.
8. Gatot Widiartono, Coordinator for Foreign Worker Usage Analysis and Control (PPTKA) from 2021–2025.
Prosecutors stated that the defendants demanded money and goods from agents, including a Vespa Primavera 150 ABS A/T motorcycle and one Innova Reborn vehicle. This extortion was carried out with the aim of enriching the civil servants at the Ministry of Manpower.
The breakdown of alleged enrichment is as follows: Putri received Rp 6.39 billion, Jamal Rp 551.16 million, Alfa Rp 5.24 billion, and Suhartono Rp 460 million. Furthermore, Haryanto allegedly received Rp 84.72 billion plus one Innova Reborn vehicle, Wisnu Rp 25.2 billion plus one Vespa Primavera 150 ABS A/T motorcycle, Devi Rp 3.25 billion, and Gatot Rp 9.48 billion.
The trial was held at the Jakarta Corruption Court on Thursday (19 February 2026). Prosecutors initially questioned Heri about Herman Susanto, who is his brother-in-law.
"Did you ever ask Herman Susanto to lend his bank account to hold money from agents?" the prosecutor asked.
"It wasn't to hold money from multiple agents, no. It was just one agent. When I retired, as I mentioned earlier, before we retired the ministry gave us a sort of orientation. They told us, 'Gentlemen, you are about to retire; you are permitted to engage in any business to sustain your livelihood.' So after I had retired, a colleague named Pak Triono asked me to help arrange foreign worker permits. I then asked my brother-in-law to receive the money. That's all, Your Honour," Heri replied.
"Only from one agent?" the prosecutor asked.
"Yes," Heri answered.
The prosecutor then asked how much money had been held in his brother-in-law's account. Heri admitted to receiving Rp 125 million from the agent.
"Regarding Herman Susanto's account, how much was the amount to your knowledge?" the prosecutor asked.
"I've forgotten, I don't know, because I was already retired. As I mentioned, before retirement we were briefed by the ministry about sustaining our livelihoods," Heri replied.
"Roughly, what was the approximate amount if you can't remember exactly?" the prosecutor pressed.
"I've forgotten because we were working jointly with Pak Triono," Heri answered.
"Millions, billions, trillions?" the prosecutor asked.
"Certainly not trillions," Heri responded.
The prosecutor continued pressing on the amount Heri had received. According to Heri, the money he received was shared with his associate.
"Honestly, I personally received around a hundred million," Heri said.
"Around a hundred million?" the prosecutor asked.
"Rp 125 million, yes," Heri confirmed.
There are eight defendants in this case. Their identities are as follows:
1. Putri Citra Wahyoe, RPTKA Hotline Officer for the 2019–2024 period and RPTKA Endorsement Verifier at the Directorate of Foreign Worker Usage Control (PPTKA) from 2024–2025.
2. Jamal Shodiqin, Administrative Analyst at the PPTKA Directorate from 2019–2024 and First Expert Employment Facilitator at the PPTKA Directorate from 2024–2025.
3. Alfa Eshad, Junior Expert Employment Facilitator at the Ministry of Manpower from 2018–2025.
4. Suhartono, Director-General of Workforce Placement Development and Employment Opportunity Expansion (Binapenta and PKK) at the Ministry of Manpower from 2020–2023.
5. Haryanto, Director of PPTKA from 2019–2024, Director-General of Binapenta and PKK from 2024–2025, currently serving as Ministerial Expert Staff for International Relations.
6. Wisnu Pramono, Director of PPTKA from 2017–2019.
7. Devi Angraeni, Director of PPTKA from 2024–2025.
8. Gatot Widiartono, Coordinator for Foreign Worker Usage Analysis and Control (PPTKA) from 2021–2025.
Prosecutors stated that the defendants demanded money and goods from agents, including a Vespa Primavera 150 ABS A/T motorcycle and one Innova Reborn vehicle. This extortion was carried out with the aim of enriching the civil servants at the Ministry of Manpower.
The breakdown of alleged enrichment is as follows: Putri received Rp 6.39 billion, Jamal Rp 551.16 million, Alfa Rp 5.24 billion, and Suhartono Rp 460 million. Furthermore, Haryanto allegedly received Rp 84.72 billion plus one Innova Reborn vehicle, Wisnu Rp 25.2 billion plus one Vespa Primavera 150 ABS A/T motorcycle, Devi Rp 3.25 billion, and Gatot Rp 9.48 billion.