Foreign Ministry Urges Indonesian Citizens in Iran to Stay Alert After Trump Considers Limited Strike
US President Donald Trump is considering a limited strike against Iran. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has urged Indonesian citizens (WNI) in Iran to increase their vigilance.
Acting Director of Indonesian Citizens Protection at the Foreign Ministry, Heni Hamidah, said the ministry, through the Indonesian Embassy in Tehran, is monitoring security developments in Iran. The situation in Tehran currently remains normal.
"The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, through the Indonesian Embassy in Tehran, continues to monitor the security situation in Iran, and as of now, conditions in Tehran and other cities are being observed as normal and conducive," Heni said on Sunday (22/2/2026).
She said the embassy continues to monitor the whereabouts of Indonesian nationals and maintains active communication. To date, there have been no reports of Indonesian citizens facing threats or situations endangering their safety.
"Regarding the presence of Indonesian nationals in Iran, the embassy continuously monitors and maintains active communication. To date, there are no reports of Indonesian citizens facing direct threats or situations endangering their safety," she said.
The government currently maintains a Level 1 alert status for Iran, in place since June 2025. All contingency plans have been placed on standby, including various evacuation route options should they be needed.
"The Indonesian Embassy in Tehran urges all Indonesian nationals in Iran to continue heightening their vigilance, to monitor the latest developments, and to maintain communication with the embassy," she explained.
Separately, Foreign Ministry spokesperson Vahd Nabyl said the ministry is observing the developing situation in Iran. Based on information from the embassy, there are no reports of Indonesian citizens facing conditions that endanger their safety.
"We can convey that the Indonesian Embassy in Tehran continues to closely observe developments in Iran. Based on embassy information, so far there are no reports of Indonesian citizens facing conditions that endanger their safety," Vahd said.
However, the government still maintains its Level 1 alert status, in effect since June 2025. The Foreign Ministry has also urged Indonesian nationals in Iran to consider leaving the country if conditions become unfavourable.
"Despite this, the Level 1 alert status that has been in effect since June last year remains in place. The embassy has also on several occasions issued appeals to Indonesian nationals in Iran to consider leaving Iranian territory independently," he said.
"Should security conditions in their area become unfavourable. All contingency plans remain on standby," he added.
The Foreign Ministry urged Indonesian citizens in emergency situations to immediately contact the Indonesian Embassy in Tehran hotline on +98 9914668845 / +98 902 466 8889, or the Directorate of Indonesian Citizens Protection hotline on +62 812-9007-0027.
Earlier, as reported by the AFP news agency on Saturday (21/2/2026), an aircraft carrier was seen crossing the Strait of Gibraltar — which connects the Atlantic Ocean to the Mediterranean — in photographs taken from the Gibraltar side of the strait.
The carrier is set to join another US aircraft carrier, the USS Abraham Lincoln, and its accompanying warships, which had already arrived in the Middle East region.
Trump said on Friday (20/2) local time that he was "considering" limited strikes against Iran, should negotiations fail to produce an agreement.
Acting Director of Indonesian Citizens Protection at the Foreign Ministry, Heni Hamidah, said the ministry, through the Indonesian Embassy in Tehran, is monitoring security developments in Iran. The situation in Tehran currently remains normal.
"The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, through the Indonesian Embassy in Tehran, continues to monitor the security situation in Iran, and as of now, conditions in Tehran and other cities are being observed as normal and conducive," Heni said on Sunday (22/2/2026).
She said the embassy continues to monitor the whereabouts of Indonesian nationals and maintains active communication. To date, there have been no reports of Indonesian citizens facing threats or situations endangering their safety.
"Regarding the presence of Indonesian nationals in Iran, the embassy continuously monitors and maintains active communication. To date, there are no reports of Indonesian citizens facing direct threats or situations endangering their safety," she said.
The government currently maintains a Level 1 alert status for Iran, in place since June 2025. All contingency plans have been placed on standby, including various evacuation route options should they be needed.
"The Indonesian Embassy in Tehran urges all Indonesian nationals in Iran to continue heightening their vigilance, to monitor the latest developments, and to maintain communication with the embassy," she explained.
Separately, Foreign Ministry spokesperson Vahd Nabyl said the ministry is observing the developing situation in Iran. Based on information from the embassy, there are no reports of Indonesian citizens facing conditions that endanger their safety.
"We can convey that the Indonesian Embassy in Tehran continues to closely observe developments in Iran. Based on embassy information, so far there are no reports of Indonesian citizens facing conditions that endanger their safety," Vahd said.
However, the government still maintains its Level 1 alert status, in effect since June 2025. The Foreign Ministry has also urged Indonesian nationals in Iran to consider leaving the country if conditions become unfavourable.
"Despite this, the Level 1 alert status that has been in effect since June last year remains in place. The embassy has also on several occasions issued appeals to Indonesian nationals in Iran to consider leaving Iranian territory independently," he said.
"Should security conditions in their area become unfavourable. All contingency plans remain on standby," he added.
The Foreign Ministry urged Indonesian citizens in emergency situations to immediately contact the Indonesian Embassy in Tehran hotline on +98 9914668845 / +98 902 466 8889, or the Directorate of Indonesian Citizens Protection hotline on +62 812-9007-0027.
Earlier, as reported by the AFP news agency on Saturday (21/2/2026), an aircraft carrier was seen crossing the Strait of Gibraltar — which connects the Atlantic Ocean to the Mediterranean — in photographs taken from the Gibraltar side of the strait.
The carrier is set to join another US aircraft carrier, the USS Abraham Lincoln, and its accompanying warships, which had already arrived in the Middle East region.
Trump said on Friday (20/2) local time that he was "considering" limited strikes against Iran, should negotiations fail to produce an agreement.