Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

East Luwu Integrated Industrial Zone Investment Plans Progress Following Ministry Meeting

| Source: GALERT
Investment plans currently being developed by PT Kawasan Industri Terpadu Luwu Timur (PT KITLT) continue to move forward. To ensure investment readiness on approximately 2,000 hectares of land, the Ministry of Investment and Downstreaming/BKPM specially invited PT KITLT's management and a number of stakeholders to a joint meeting in Jakarta on 26 May 2025.

PT KITLT's External Manager, Ancong Taruna Negara, revealed that the company's investment plans on land belonging to the family of the late Amran Syam and several local residents in Harapan village, Malili sub-district, East Luwu, are proceeding as planned.

The green light was obtained after PT KITLT's management was invited to a joint meeting via Zoom with the Ministry of Investment and Downstreaming/BKPM on 26 May 2025. During the meeting, the Ministry also received the Capital Investment Activity Report (LKPM) submitted by PT KITLT.

"This is the second quarterly LKPM report for Region III that we submitted to the Ministry, meaning our activities have not been dormant. This also serves as proof that PT KITLT continues to operate, as we regularly report our investment progress to the state," said Ancong.

Ancong also acknowledged that since 2023, the National Strategic Project (PSN) status in Harapan village had been revoked by the state, with PSN status now assigned to Sorowako. "That was conveyed during our meeting with the ministry's director-general last Thursday. However, this does not mean the state prohibits local citizens with the capacity to invest from doing so. Moreover, the 2,200 hectares of land controlled by PT KITLT is privately owned land with taxes paid annually," he said.

"Our advantage is that we have already identified all the landowners. The majority of the land belongs to the family of the late Amran Syam, with the remainder belonging to local residents who all support PT KITLT's investment. Additionally, last month four village heads and a number of landowners were brought to the Ministry of Investment to convey directly that they have no objections to their land being managed by PT KITLT for investment purposes, and that there would be unrest if other companies were to invest on their land. This affirmation was also witnessed by several East Luwu regional legislators who accompanied them at the time," Ancong said.

Ancong continued that the previous land overlap occurred because some of the land belonging to the late Amran Syam and residents aligned with KITLT had been claimed unilaterally by others. "We have reported all of this to the Ministry. Meanwhile, the Ministry of Investment has stated it will not issue permits as long as the land remains in dispute, especially if it conflicts with customary land," he said.

"KITLT has the support of the Raja of Luwu, who is prepared to stand at the forefront. This is because KITLT represents an investment by the sons and daughters of Tana Luwu," he added.

"It is only natural that some people react upon seeing KITLT's progress, as the potential for land conflict is virtually non-existent. Here we also prove that the people of East Luwu can invest successfully when given the opportunity," he concluded.
View JSON | Print