Bogor Employer Named Suspect After Months of Domestic Worker Abuse Over Trivial Kitchen Incident
A domestic worker identified by her initials FH (21) in Gunung Putri, Bogor Regency, has suffered a harrowing ordeal of abuse at the hands of her employer, OAP (37). The assault was allegedly triggered by the victim forgetting to turn off the stove while cooking.
The most recent incident of abuse occurred on 22 January 2026. The victim reported the assault to Bogor Police the following day.
"The victim, who is also the complainant, Ms FH (21), experienced domestic violence perpetrated by her employer on 22 January 2026," said Head of the Women and Children Protection and Anti-Trafficking Unit (PPA/PPO) at Bogor Police, Inspector Silfi Adi Putri, speaking to reporters on Thursday (19 February).
"Following the incident, on 23 January 2026, Ms FH, accompanied by her legal counsel, filed a report with Bogor Police," she added.
Victim Sustained Injuries to Head and Back
Silfi said the perpetrator, OAP, assaulted the victim by kicking and hitting her. The victim sustained injuries to her head, hands, and back.
"The perpetrator committed physical violence against the complainant, who serves as a domestic worker at the perpetrator's residence, by means including kicking, pinching, and punching," Silfi said.
"As for the injuries documented in the medical examination, they were found on the victim's head, ears, hands, and back," she added.
Employer Named as Suspect
Police moved swiftly to investigate the abuse case. The victim's employer, OAP, has now been formally named a suspect.
"Today, 19 February 2026, investigators from the PPA-PPO Unit at Bogor Police have conducted a case review to formally elevate the reported party's status to suspect," Silfi said.
Silfi noted that OAP has not yet been detained. She will be summoned and questioned under her new status as a suspect.
In handling the case, the PPA and PPO Unit at Bogor Police involved medical experts and had previously summoned the alleged perpetrator as a witness.
Based on statements and evidence gathered, the case was elevated from preliminary inquiry to formal investigation status on 27 January 2026. Once sufficient evidence corroborating the assault as reported by the victim had been established, police formally named OAP (37) as a suspect.
Abuse Had Been Occurring for Six Months
Silfi added that the abuse by employer OAP against the victim had been a recurring pattern. The victim stated it had been going on for approximately six months.
"According to the victim's account, this abuse has been occurring for roughly the past six months. The victim has been working as a domestic worker there for approximately two years," Silfi said.
The victim's legal counsel, Ruben Alexander Hutagalung, expressed appreciation for the swift action taken by Bogor Police, particularly the PPA and PPO Unit, in handling the case.
"The handling by the PPO Unit has, in our view, been very good. The service has been excellent, and the investigators acted promptly," Ruben said.
The most recent incident of abuse occurred on 22 January 2026. The victim reported the assault to Bogor Police the following day.
"The victim, who is also the complainant, Ms FH (21), experienced domestic violence perpetrated by her employer on 22 January 2026," said Head of the Women and Children Protection and Anti-Trafficking Unit (PPA/PPO) at Bogor Police, Inspector Silfi Adi Putri, speaking to reporters on Thursday (19 February).
"Following the incident, on 23 January 2026, Ms FH, accompanied by her legal counsel, filed a report with Bogor Police," she added.
Victim Sustained Injuries to Head and Back
Silfi said the perpetrator, OAP, assaulted the victim by kicking and hitting her. The victim sustained injuries to her head, hands, and back.
"The perpetrator committed physical violence against the complainant, who serves as a domestic worker at the perpetrator's residence, by means including kicking, pinching, and punching," Silfi said.
"As for the injuries documented in the medical examination, they were found on the victim's head, ears, hands, and back," she added.
Employer Named as Suspect
Police moved swiftly to investigate the abuse case. The victim's employer, OAP, has now been formally named a suspect.
"Today, 19 February 2026, investigators from the PPA-PPO Unit at Bogor Police have conducted a case review to formally elevate the reported party's status to suspect," Silfi said.
Silfi noted that OAP has not yet been detained. She will be summoned and questioned under her new status as a suspect.
In handling the case, the PPA and PPO Unit at Bogor Police involved medical experts and had previously summoned the alleged perpetrator as a witness.
Based on statements and evidence gathered, the case was elevated from preliminary inquiry to formal investigation status on 27 January 2026. Once sufficient evidence corroborating the assault as reported by the victim had been established, police formally named OAP (37) as a suspect.
Abuse Had Been Occurring for Six Months
Silfi added that the abuse by employer OAP against the victim had been a recurring pattern. The victim stated it had been going on for approximately six months.
"According to the victim's account, this abuse has been occurring for roughly the past six months. The victim has been working as a domestic worker there for approximately two years," Silfi said.
The victim's legal counsel, Ruben Alexander Hutagalung, expressed appreciation for the swift action taken by Bogor Police, particularly the PPA and PPO Unit, in handling the case.
"The handling by the PPO Unit has, in our view, been very good. The service has been excellent, and the investigators acted promptly," Ruben said.