Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

BGN temporarily halts SPPG operations in Central Bengkulu

| Source: ANTARA_ID Translated from Indonesian | Social Policy
BGN temporarily halts SPPG operations in Central Bengkulu
Image: ANTARA_ID

Central Bengkulu Regency (ANTARA) - The National Nutrition Agency (BGN) has officially temporarily halted operations at the Kembang Seri 1 Satuan Pelayanan Pemenuhan Gizi (SPPG) kitchen in Central Bengkulu Regency after several junior high school students suffered suspected poisoning from consuming meals under the Free Nutritious Meals (MBG) programme.

“We have submitted a special report to the central BGN and issued a letter for the temporary suspension until the investigation results are complete,” said Roni Vidiansyah, Coordinator of BGN for Central Bengkulu Regency, on Friday.

The suspension of SPPG kitchen operations will continue for an undetermined period, pending a conducive situation and the completion of examinations at the Food and Drug Supervisory Agency (BPOM) laboratory.

If the investigation and BPOM laboratory results confirm that the students’ poisoning was due to MBG consumption, the central BGN will impose strict sanctions on the managers of the Kembang Seri 1 SPPG kitchen in Central Bengkulu Regency.

“If guilt is proven and SOPs have been violated, the central BGN will impose sanctions, with the most severe being permanent revocation of the permit,” Roni explained.

Previously, the Central Bengkulu Regency Government in Bengkulu Province handled and investigated the suspected poisoning of several students from SMPN 3, believed to be caused by consuming free nutritious meals (MBG).

For the victims who suffered poisoning and were taken to primary health facilities, the regency government ensured that personnel provided maximum service to the students experiencing symptoms.

Meanwhile, personnel from the Central Bengkulu Regency Health Office (Dinkes), community health centres, and the regency task force have collected food samples for laboratory testing at the Bengkulu BPOM.

“Laboratory tests have already been taken. They are currently en route to BPOM. The samples were collected by the Dinkes team, community health centres, and the regency task force,” said Barti Hasibuan, Head of the Central Bengkulu Regency Health Office.

It is known that, based on information, the MBG menu consumed by the students who suffered poisoning included chicken woku, tofu, stir-fried green beans and carrots, rice, fruit, and drinking water.

The symptoms experienced by the students appeared at different times. Some students felt complaints about one hour after eating, while others experienced symptoms shortly after starting to consume the food.

View JSON | Print