Bali Police Respond to South Korea's Travel Warning, Affirm Safety of the Island
Denpasar (ANTARA) - Bali Regional Police have responded to the travel warning issued by the South Korean Embassy, affirming that the security situation on the Island of the Gods remains safe and conducive for tourists.
Bali Police Chief Irjen Pol. Daniel Adityajaya, in a statement in Denpasar on Thursday, said his side understands the concerns conveyed by the South Korean Embassy to its citizens planning to visit Bali.
Nevertheless, he assured that police apparatus continue to work maximally to ensure a sense of safety for all tourists, both domestic and international.
Daniel explained that police data shows a downward trend in criminality involving foreign nationals (WNA) during the period from January to April 2026.
The decline reached 23 percent compared to the same period in the previous year.
According to him, this achievement is a strong indicator that security conditions in Bali remain well-maintained amid the high volume of tourist visits.
As a concrete step, Bali Regional Police conducted Operation Sikat Agung 2026 for 16 days from late January to mid-February 2026.
In the operation, police successfully uncovered 166 criminal cases and secured 181 suspects.
The handled cases were dominated by aggravated theft, theft with violence, and motor vehicle theft.
In addition, officers also seized various pieces of evidence and returned several stolen vehicles to their owners.
Post-operation, security patrols have been intensified in several tourist areas such as Seminyak, Canggu, Ubud, Sanur, and Nusa Dua.
Bali Regional Police also provide a 110 hotline service operating 24 hours with multilingual support to facilitate tourists in reporting incidents.
On the other hand, supervision of foreign nationals has been strengthened through the Command Center for Foreigner Monitoring (Cakrawasi), launched in March 2026.
This technology-based system enables real-time monitoring of foreign nationals’ movements through reports from hotels and accommodations.
With this system, Daniel said, potential suspicious activities can be detected more quickly as a preventive measure.
Bali Regional Police also continue to enhance coordination with Immigration, the Tourism Office, embassies, and tourism industry players.
Bali Regional Police emphasise that the majority of tourist visits to Bali have so far proceeded safely and comfortably, so the public and tourists need not worry.
“Bali’s security is a shared responsibility, and we ensure the situation remains conducive,” Daniel stated.
Previously, the South Korean Embassy issued a travel warning advising its citizens to be cautious when visiting Bali Island due to a series of serious crimes targeting foreign nationals.
The travel warning was issued on Wednesday (01/04/2026) titled “Security Alert on Preventing Serious Crimes” on its official website.
Specifically, South Korea highlighted crimes such as murders, kidnappings, and sexual assaults in several popular areas like Jimbaran, Seminyak, and Canggu, and urged citizens visiting Bali to pay attention to their personal safety.
South Korean authorities also pointed out the skyrocketing number of visits not matched by security systems, particularly transnational crimes.