Where to go in Surabaya, for Wednesday, May 24, 2000
* Fine Arts Exhibition: Sisi-sisi Surabaya 2000, at CCCL - French Cultural Center, Jl. Darmokali 10, until May 31.
* Concert: Quirine Viersen, at Balai Adika Balroom, Hotel Majapahit, Mandarin Oriental, Jl. Tunjungan 65 (Phone: 031 5454333), 8 p.m. to 9 p.m., May 29. * Oranje First Annual Choir Competition, at Balai Adika Balroom, Hotel Majapahit, Mandarin Oriental, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., May 25 and Jun. 8.
Music and Entertainment
* Hotel Majapahit, Mandarin Oriental, Jl. Tunjungan 65 (Phone: 031 5454333): - Indigo Restaurant & Bar: Music You Can Talk To, live show at 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
* Hyatt Regency Surabaya, Jl. Jend. Basuki Rakhmat 106-128 (Phone: 031 5311234): - Lobby: Gamelan (Traditional Music), Monday to Thursday, 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., Solo Pianist, Monday to Sunday, 7 a.m. to 9 a.m., Friday to Saturday, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
* Shangri-La Hotel, Jl. May. Jend. Sungkono 120 (Phone: 031 5661550): - Desperados Bar and Cafe: Solitaire, Monday to Thursday, 9:30 p.m., Friday, Saturday, 10 p.m. onwards. - Lobby Lounge: LA Classic Trio, Sunday, 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., Bubi Chen and Trio, Monday to Thursday, Bubi Chen and Virtuoso Group, Friday and Saturday, 8 p.m. till midnight.
* Sheraton Hotel, Jl. Embong Malang 25-31 (Phone: 031 5468000): - Bongo's Fun Pub & Restaurant: Live music, Monday to Saturday, 9:30 p.m. to 1 a.m. - Kawi Lounge: The Trio (Pop, Jazz, Top 40), Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 8 p.m. to 11:45 a.m. Gondo (Pianist) and Aprilia (Singer), Monday, Wednesday, 8 p.m. to 11:45 p.m. Saturday, 9 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.
* The Patra Surabaya Hilton International, Jl. Gunungsari (Phone: 031 5682703) : - The Beer Garden: The La Mapas Resident Band, Tuesday to Saturday, 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. - Lobby: Gamelan Gandok Gita Budaya (Traditional Music), Saturday and Sunday, 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
* Sahid Surabaya Hotel, Jl. Sumatra 1-15 (Phone: 031 5032711): - Candi Bentar Coffee Shop: Alpancas Vocal Group, nightly, 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. - Bekisar Bar: Tony (Electone Player), nightly, 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
* Elmi Hotel, Jl. Panglima Sudirman No. 42-44 (Phone: 031 5322571): - Qemi Club: Moneta Band, 10:30 p.m. to 1 a.m., Dankdut Group, Thursday, 10:30 p.m. to 1 a.m., Master Band, Friday, 10 p.m. to 11 p.m., Hazztoria Band / X'Man Band, Saturday, 10 p.m. to 11 p.m.
* Radisson Plaza Suite Hotel, at Plaza Boulevard, Jl. Pemuda 31- 37 (Phone: 031 5316833): - Cafe Taman: Tanira Band, Friday, Saturday, 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
* Mercure Hotel and Residen Surabaya, Jl. Raya Kupang Indah (Phone: 031 7328738): - Terakota Restaurant, open from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily: Traditional Music, Monday night. Classic Guitar, Tuesday. Pianist Classic, Thursday. Los Pantos Vocal Group, Friday. Country Music, Saturday.
* Mirama Hotel, Jl. Raya Darmo 58-76 (Phone: 031 5682501) : - Mirama Bar: Master Band, Monday, 9 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., UNV Band, Tuesday, 9 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., Abouwhim VG, Wednesday, 8 p.m. to 1 a.m., Abouwhim Band, Thursday, 9 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., HI Beat Band and Singer, Friday, 9 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., Player Band, Saturday, 9 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., Guitar Player, daily except Tuesday, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., Electone Player, Sunday, at 8:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
* Natour Simpang, Jl. Pemuda No. 1-3 (Phone: 031 5342151): - Bar: Electone Player, Mr. Harry Bokal and Singers, Tuesday to Thursday, 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. - Lobby: Karawitan (Traditional Music), Monday to Thursday, 7 a.m. to 9 a.m., 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
* Ibis Rajawali Hotel, Jl. Rajawali 11-9 (Phone: 031 3539994): - Arjuna Restaurant, open from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.: Pianist, Monday to Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday. Montano Band, Thursday. In-house Band, Friday. - Yudhistira Bar, open from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily with TV sport program.
* Garden Palace Hotel, Jl. Yos Sudarso 11 (Phone: 031 5320951): - Kencana Coffee Shop: Violinist and Organist, daily at 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. - Bill Belle, at 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.: Abouwhim, Monday, Friday. Electone, Tuesday. Gardenas, Wednesday, Tuesday. Society Band, Saturday.
* Novotel Surabaya Hotel & Suites, Jl. Ngagel 173-175 (Phone: 031 5682301): - Puri Pool Bar: Open from 10 a.m. - midnight daily with TV Sport Program and CD Music - Janggala Restaurant and Dahana Lounge Bar, open from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily with entertainment: Acoustic Music, Monday and Wednesday, Widows Vocal Group, Tuesday, Sunday, Andas Band Thursday, Friday, Aurora Band, Saturday.
* Tunjungan Crystal Hotel, Jl. Tunjungan 102-104 (Phone: 031 5466666): - Lounge Bar: Stief VG, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, 8 p.m. to 12 p.m., Surabaya VG, Monday, Friday, 8 p.m. to 12 p.m., Pianist, Sunday, Wednesday, 7:30 p.m. to 11:30 a.m.
* Empu Tantular Museum, Jl. Taman Mayangkara No. 6, Tuesday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday to Sunday, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
* Surabaya International Christian Fellowship: Protestant church service in English, at Hotel Shangri-La, Jl. May. Jend. Sungkono, Surabaya, every Sunday, 11 a.m.; A children's program of Bible lessons, music and games is also provided. Please contact 031- 8281685 for further details. * Redemptor Mundi Church, at Jl. Dukuh Kupang Barat I no. 7 (Phone 031 5679658 or 5674137): Catholic Mass Services in English, Sunday, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., (confessions before the mass or by appointment).