Where to go in Jakarta: Saturday, June 3, 2000
* Painting Exhibition by Eddy Sundara, at Negeri Lama Gallery, Jl. Cinere Raya A-36, South Jakarta (Phone: 7543133), 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., until June 25. * Painting Exhibition by John Van Der Sterren at Galeri Kafe Linggar, Jl. Kemang Timur No. 36, South Jakarta (Phone: 7990008), until June 5. * Photo Exhibition: Absolutely Asia by Paul Beiboer, Duta Fine Arts Foundation, Jl. Kemang Utara 55A, South Jakarta (Phone: 7990226), until June 8. * Drawing Exhibition by Arahmaiani, at Galeri Lontar, Komunitas Utan Kayu, Jl. Utan Kayu 68 H, East Jakarta (Phone: 8573388), 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., until June 9. Talk with Chandra Johan at 7 p.m., June 6. * Arts Exhibition Richard Smeets, at Erasmus Huis, Jl. H.R. Rasuna Said, Kav S-3, Kuningan, South Jakarta (Phone: 5241069), 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., until June 10. * Photo Exhibition: Manusia Abad ke- 20, August Sander, at Bentara Budaya, Jl. Palmerah Selatan, West Jakarta, June 2-11.
* The Ghost Train, a play in three acts by Arnold Ridley, directed by Oei Eng Goan, at Erasmus Huis, Jl. H.R. Rasuna Said, Kav S-3, Kuningan, South Jakarta , 7:45 p.m., June 5-6. For Tickets phone 5252321, and 530-0476. * Javanese Traditional Play - Wayang Orang Bharata: Aswatama Nglandak, Gedung Kesenian Jakarta, 8 p.m., June 7. * Concert: Spiros Rantos (Violinist) and Brachi Tilles (Pianist), Gedung Kesenian Jakarta, 8 p.m., June 8. * Hamsad Rangkuti's Short Story Reading, at Komunitas Utan Kayu, Jl. Utan Kayu 68 H, East Jakarta (Phone: 8573388), 8 p.m., June 9-10. * Cultural Discussion and Performance on the Bissu Community at Pusat Kebudayaan Jepang - The Japan Foundation, Summitmas I, Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 61-62 South Jakarta (Phone: 5201266): June 6: Discussion at 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Classic Dance, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. June 7, at 2:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.: Ritual Ceremony, Classic Dance, Traditional Treatment display, etc.
* French Film Festival at Taman Ismail Marzuki, Jl. Cikini Raya 73, Central Jakarta (Phone: 3154087), Central Jakarta, June 3-11.
* Bayt Al-Qur'an Museum, at Taman Mini Indonesia Indah, Bambu Apus, East Jakarta (Phone: 8416466), Monday to Sunday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. * Adam Malik Museum, Jl. Diponegoro 29, Menteng, Central Jakarta (Phone: 337403), Tuesday to Saturday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Sunday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. * National Museum, Jl. Medan Merdeka Barat 12, Central Jakarta: (Phone: 3811551), Tuesday to Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Saturday, 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. * Puppet Museum, Jl. Pintu Besar Utara 27, West Jakarta (Phone: 6929560), Tuesday to Thursday, Sunday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Friday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. * Satria Mandala Military Museum, Jl. Gatot Subroto, South Jakarta (Phone: 5227949). * Textile Museum, Jl. Karel Satsuit Tubun, Tanah Abang, Central Jakarta (Phone: 5606613), Tuesday to Sunday (except Friday), 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Friday, 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. * Forestry Manggala Wana Bhakti Museum, Jl. Gatot Subroto, South Jakarta (Phone 5703265/46 ext.5557/8), Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. * Stamp Museum, in Taman Mini Indonesia Indah, East Jakarta (Phone 8409286), Tuesday to Saturday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. * The 1945 Fight For Freedom Museum, Jl. Menteng Raya 31, Central Jakarta (Phone: 3909148), Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. * Jakarta Museum of History Taman Fatahillah, West Jakarta (Phone: 6929101), Tuesday to Friday, Sunday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. * Sasmithaloka Ahmad Yani Museum, Jl. Lembang 58, Block D, Menteng, Central Jakarta (Phone: 314583), Tuesday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. * Fine arts and ceramics museum, Jl. Taman Fatahillah 2, West Jakarta (Phone: 6907062), Tuesday to Sunday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. * Inscriptions museum, Jl. Tanah Abang 1 Central Jakarta, (Phone: 3854060), Tuesday to Saturday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
* Church of Christ Worship Service in English, in the dining room, Graha Purna Wira Polri, Jl. Darmawangsa III no. 2, Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta, on Sunday, 4 p.m. Further information contact Donald L. Goodman 7657941. * Young Adults Weekend Service at Nilakandi Room, Wisma Dharmala Sakti, Jl. Jend. Sudirman, Kav 32, Central Jakarta, organized by GBI Bethany English Service, on Saturday, 5 p.m. Further information contact Ariawan 5806193. * Anugerah Methodist Church (Phone: 5601944 / 0812 9249179): English service at Mulia Hotel, Flamboyan room, Jl. Asia Afrika no. 1, Senayan, Sunday, 9 a.m., Sunday school for teenagers, 11 a.m. * Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Jl. Saharjo 317B South Jakarta (Phone: 8294672). Service on Sunday at 8 a.m. (in English). * Rahmat Emmanuel Ministries Service, in the Irian Room, 15th floor, Hotel Indonesia, Jl. M.H. Thamrin, Central Jakarta: Service on Sunday, at 4 p.m., (in English). Further information contact Mr. Iwan at 6502262. * Charismatic Worship Service Interdenominational ministry of the Assemblies of God Indonesia (Phone: 3856961): English Services on Sunday at 10:30 a.m., Sunday School for ages 2-16, at 10:30 a.m., at Gedung Kenanga, Jl. Senen Raya No.46, Central Jakarta. English Services in Hilton Executive Club, Jakarta Hilton Hotel at 8 a.m., in Gemini room, Kid's Church for ages 2-5 and 6-12 in Cempaka and Mawar room, and Sunday Schools for all ages at 9:45 a.m. * First Church of Christ, Scientist, Jl. Teuku Cik Ditiro 48, Menteng, Central Jakarta (Phone: 3106368): Services (in English) on Sunday, 8:30 a.m. Sunday school 8:30 a.m., Testimony Meeting, Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. * Immanuel Church, Jl. Medan Merdeka Timur, Central Jakarta (Phone 3440747): Service on Sunday at 5 p.m. (in English). * Immanuel Methodist Church, Jl. Latumeten, Gg. Rahayu I/7, West Jakarta (Phone: 6312870): Services on Sunday at 10 a.m. (in English), Sunday School at 8 a.m. * All Saints' Anglican Church (opposite The Aryaduta Jakarta), Jl. Arif Rahman Hakim No. 5, Central Jakarta: Services on Sunday at 7:30 a.m., 9 a.m. with Sunday School. South Jakarta (just off the Outer Ringroad), Don Bosco School, Pondok Indah. Sunday Services at 10 a.m. with Sunday School (all services in English). For more information call Vicar Revd. Andrew Lake at (021) 7667713 or 3909791 (office) * Jakarta Community Church using the airconditioned community hall of Effata Church at the corner of Jl. Melawai Raya and Jl. Iskandarsyah II, near Pasaraya, Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta. International and ecumenical service of worship in English on Sundays at 10 a.m. Children's program includes toddlers' care and Sunday School. For more information call 7222325. * Catholic Church, University of Atmajaya, Jl. Jend. Sudirman 51: Services on Saturday, at 5:30 p.m., Sunday, 9.00 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 5:30 p.m. For further information phone Rev. Binzler, 7971563. * Calvary Life Fellowship, Interdenominational English speaking worship service, at Imperial Century Hotel, Lippo Karawaci, Tangerang, Sunday, 10 a.m., For further information phone Rev. Bill Hekman, 0818 811535. * International Bethany Fellowship (Phone: 5220885), service at Gracia Hall, Menara Gracia 10th floor, Jl. H. R. Rasuna Said Kav. C. 17, South Jakarta, Thursday, 7 p.m. . * Bethany Office Fellowship (Phone: 4528436), in Gracia Hall, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., on Monday. PD. Gracia service at 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Gracia Hall, on Friday. * Sorak Hosana Jakarta Pentecost Church (Phone: 5813055), in Gracia Hall, every Sunday, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. . * Jakarta International Baptist Church, Jl. Tirtayasa Raya No. 1, Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta (Phone: 7246268): Sunday Bible Study for all ages at 9:45 a.m. with Morning Worship at 11 a.m. * Jakarta International Christian Fellowship, 2nd floor, Financial Club Graha Niaga, Niaga Tower, Jl. Jend. Sudirman, South Jakarta: Worship service (in English), on Sunday, at 10:30 a.m., Adults and Children Sunday Classes at 9 a.m.. For more information call 2526719, 2526725. * Deutscher Gottesdienst, at German Center, 7th floor, BSD- Serpong (Phone: 5370112 or 5374856), Saturday, 4:30 p.m. * German Speaking Catholic Community at Wacana Bhakti Church, Jl. Pejatan Barat 10A, South Jakarta (Phone: 5480520), Holy Mass on Sunday at 10:30 a.m. For further information phone Pater Franz Schaaf, 71793680. * German Speaking Protestant Service: Konfirmation, at Effatha Church, Jl. Melawai 1 / 2, Kebayoran Baru (behind Pasaraya), 4 p.m., May 28.