Where to go in Jakarta: Saturday, Feb. 5, 2000
* Comics, Animation Exhibition, at National Gallery, Jl. Medan Merdeka Timur 14, Gambir, Central Jakarta (Phone: 3813021), 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., until Feb. 14. * Painting Exhibition: 12 paintings by 12 Russian painters, at Borobudur Hotel, Jl. Lapangan Banteng Selatan, Central Jakarta (Phone: 3805555), 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., Feb. 5. * Painting Exhibition: by Melo Tedesco, at Duta Fine Arts Foundation, Jl. Kemang Utara 55A, South Jakarta (Phone: 7990226), Tuesday to Saturday at 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Sunday, Monday at 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., until Feb. 20. * Painting Exhibition: Pre-War Balinese Modernists, 1928-1942m at Erasmus Huis, Jl. H.R. Rasuna Said, Kav S-3, Kuningan, South Jakarta (Phone: 5252321), until Feb. 12. * Arts Exhibition: Drawings by Widayanto, The Regent Jakarta, Jl. H.R. Rasuna Said, South Jakarta (Phone: 2523456), Feb. 5. * Painting Exhibition: Outward Bound, American Art at the Brink of the Twenty-First Century, at Galeri Cipta II, Taman Ismail Marzuki, Jl. Cikini Raya 73, Central Jakarta, and the Planetarium Exhibition hall, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., until March 10. * Arts Exhibition at Sheraton Media Hotel & Towers, Jl. Gunung Sahari Raya No. 3, Central Jakarta (Phone: 6263001), until Feb. 20. * Painting Exhibition by Umi Dachlan at The Financial Club, Niaga Tower 2nd floor, Jl. Sudirman, Central Jakarta, 7:30 p.m., Feb. 9. The Exhibition will be in Andy Gallery at Jl. Tanah Abang IV/ 14, Central Jakarta on Feb. 10 to Feb. 27. * Exclusive and Bazaar Auction: Selected Art Collection by Affandi, Basoeki Abdullah, etc., at Auditorium Plaza Mandiri, Jl. Jend. Gatot Subroto, Central Jakarta, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Feb. 12, Preview at 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., Feb. 9 - 11.
* Barongsai Dance is staged in several places: Teater Tanah Airku (Phone: 87792930/3369), Taman Mini Indonesia Indah, 7:30 p.m., until Feb. 10 (1:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m., Feb. 5-6). Plaza Museum Fatahillah, West Jakarta, Feb. 5. Jakarta hilton International Hotel, Central Jakarta, Feb. 5. The Regent Hotel, South Jakarta, Feb. 5. * Theater: Sampek Engtay, Teater Koma, in Teater Tanah Airku (Phone: 87792930/3369), Taman Mini Indonesia Indah, 8 p.m., Feb. 1 - 10 (2 p.m., 3 p.m., Feb. 5-6). * Traditional Performance: Ludruk Glamor, at Gedung Kesenian Jakarta, Jl. Gedung Kesenian No. 1, Central Jakarta (Phone: 3808283), 8 p.m., Feb. 4-5. * Traditional Performance - Ketoprak Humor Samiaji at Gedung Kesenian Jakarta: Sampek-Eng Tay, 8 p.m., Feb. 9. Kalung Mumi, 8 p.m., Feb. 16. * Concerts at the Dharmawangsa Hotel, Jl. Brawijaya 26 (reservations 7258181), 8 p.m.: Bel Canto concert no. 4 English Love Songs A St Valentine's Concert celebrating 500 years of Love and Marriage by The Parahyangan Catholic University Choir, Christopher Abimanyu (Tenor), Parahyangan Trio, Avip Priatna (Conductor), on Feb. 12. Bel Canto concert no. 5 French Art Songs Soiree Francaise - A French Night of Art Songs by The Batavia Madrigal Singers, with three Sopranos: Marijke ten Kate, Binu D Sukaman and Aning Asmoro, conducted by Avip Priatna, on March 3. * Theater: Hum Pim Pah by Kelompok Teater Getapri, at Graha Bhakti Budaya- TIM, Jl. Cikini Raya 73, Central Jakarta (Phone: 3154087), 8 p.m., Feb. 11-12. * Theater: Pentas Teater Hitam Putih, Padang Panjang, Menunggu, at Komunitas Utan Kayu, Jl. Utan Kayu 68 H, East Jakarta (Phone: 8573388), 8 p.m., Feb. 18-19. * Dance: Kreativitaet Dance Indonesia, at Komunitas Utan Kayu, Jl. Utan Kayu 68 H, East Jakarta (Phone: 8573388), 7 p.m., 9 p.m., Feb. 24.
* Discussion with Parakitri T Simbolon: Bangkitnya Nasionalisme Etnis di Sekitar Kita, at Komunitas Utan Kayu, Jl. Utan Kayu 68 H, East Jakarta (Phone: 8573388), 8 p.m., Feb. 4. * Special Saturday Presentation, Pre-Admission Orientation, at the American-Indonesian Exchange Foundation / Education Advising Service, Gedung Balai Pustaka, 6th fl, Jl. Gunung Sahari Raya No. 4, Central Jakarta, 1 p.m.to 3 p.m., Feb. 5. For reservations, please call 3452024. * The Indonesian Heritage Society's Evening Lecture Series: Flying High; Kites of Indonesia by Peggy Ball, at Erasmus Huis, Jl. H.R. Rasuna Said, Kav S-3, Kuningan, South Jakarta (Phone: 5252321), 7:30 p.m., Feb. 8.
* French Film, at the Cinema of CCF - French Cultural Center, Jl. Salemba Raya 25 Central Jakarta (Phone: 3908585): Richard Sierra, 1 p.m., 4 p.m., 7 p.m., Feb 5.
* The Indonesia Canada Chamber of Commerce and the Canadian Women's Association hold Canadian Maple Leaf Charity Ball at the Regent Hotel, Jl. H.R. Rasuna Said, South Jakarta, 7 p.m., on Feb. 5. Please contact Coleen (7811449) or Maureen (7810087).
* Bayt Al-Qur'an Museum, at Taman Mini Indonesia Indah, Bambu Apus, East Jakarta (Phone: 8416466), Monday to Sunday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. * Adam Malik Museum, Jl. Diponegoro 29, Menteng, Central Jakarta (Phone: 337403), Tuesday to Saturday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Sunday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. * National Museum, Jl. Medan Merdeka Barat 12, Central Jakarta: (Phone: 3811551), Tuesday to Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Saturday, 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. * Puppet Museum, Jl. Pintu Besar Utara 27, West Jakarta (Phone: 6929560), Tuesday to Thursday, Sunday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Friday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. * Satria Mandala Military Museum, Jl. Gatot Subroto, South Jakarta (Phone: 5227949). * Textile Museum, Jl. Karel Satsuit Tubun, Tanah Abang, Central Jakarta (Phone: 5606613), Tuesday to Sunday (except Friday), 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Friday, 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. * Forestry Manggala Wana Bhakti Museum, Jl. Gatot Subroto, South Jakarta (Phone 5703265/46 ext.5557/8), Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. * Stamp Museum, in Taman Mini Indonesia Indah, East Jakarta (Phone 8409286), Tuesday to Saturday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. * The 1945 Fight For Freedom Museum, Jl. Menteng Raya 31, Central Jakarta (Phone: 3909148), Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. * Jakarta Museum of History Taman Fatahillah, West Jakarta (Phone: 6929101), Tuesday to Friday, Sunday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. * Sasmithaloka Ahmad Yani Museum, Jl. Lembang 58, Block D, Menteng, Central Jakarta (Phone: 314583), Tuesday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. * Fine arts and ceramics museum, Jl. Taman Fatahillah 2, West Jakarta (Phone: 6907062), Tuesday to Sunday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. * Inscriptions museum, Jl. Tanah Abang 1 Central Jakarta, (Phone: 3854060), Tuesday to Saturday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
* Church of Christ Worship Service in English, in the dining room, Graha Purna Wira Polri, Jl. Darmawangsa III no. 2, Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta, on Sunday, 4 p.m. Further information contact Donald L. Goodman 7657941. * Young Adults Weekend Service at Nilakandi Room, Wisma Dharmala Sakti, Jl. Jend. Sudirman, Kav 32, Central Jakarta, organized by GBI Bethany English Service, on Saturday, 5 p.m. Further information contact Ariawan 5806193. * Anugerah Methodist Church (Phone: 5601944 / 0812 9249179): English service at Mulia Hotel, Flamboyan room, Jl. Asia Afrika no. 1, Senayan, Sunday, 9 a.m., Sunday school for teenagers, 11 a.m. * Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Jl. Saharjo 317B South Jakarta (Phone: 8294672). Service on Sunday at 8 a.m. (in English). * Rahmat Emmanuel Ministries Service, in the Irian Room, 15th floor, Hotel Indonesia, Jl. M.H. Thamrin, Central Jakarta: Service on Sunday, at 4 p.m., (in English). Further information contact Mr. Iwan at 6502262. * Charismatic Worship Service Interdenominational ministry of the Assemblies of God Indonesia (Phone: 3856961): English Services on Sunday at 10:30 a.m., Sunday School for ages 2-16, at 10:30 a.m., at Gedung Kenanga, Jl. Senen Raya No.46, Central Jakarta. English Services in Hilton Executive Club, Jakarta Hilton Hotel at 8 a.m., in Gemini room, Kid's Church for ages 2-5 and 6-12 in Cempaka and Mawar room, and Sunday Schools for all ages at 9:45 a.m. * Hilton Executive Club, Gemini Room, Jakarta Hilton Hotel, Jl. Gatot Subroto, South Jakarta: Bethany Service (in English), Sunday, 5 p.m., Sunday School is available. Further information, contact Ms. Linda Sutjiadi, 73880759. * First Church of Christ, Scientist, Jl. Teuku Cik Ditiro 48, Menteng, Central Jakarta (Phone: 3106368): Services (in English) on Sunday, 8:30 a.m. Sunday school 8:30 a.m., Testimony Meeting, Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. * Immanuel Church, Jl. Medan Merdeka Timur, Central Jakarta (Phone 3440747): Service on Sunday at 5 p.m. (in English). * Immanuel Methodist Church, Jl. Latumeten, Gg. Rahayu I/7, West Jakarta (Phone: 6312870): Services on Sunday at 10 a.m. (in English), Sunday School at 8 a.m. * All Saints' Anglican Church (opposite The Aryaduta Jakarta), Jl. Arif Rahman Hakim No. 5, Central Jakarta: Services on Sunday at 7:30 a.m., 9 a.m. with Sunday School. South Jakarta (just off the Outer Ringroad), Don Bosco School, Pondok Indah. Sunday Services at 10 a.m. with Sunday School (all services in English). For more information call Vicar Revd. Andrew Lake at (021) 7667713. * Jakarta Community Church using the airconditioned community hall of Effata Church at the corner of Jl. Melawai Raya and Jl. Iskandarsyah II, near Pasaraya, Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta. International and ecumenical service of worship in English on Sundays at 10 a.m. Children's program includes toddlers' care and Sunday School. For more information call 7222325. * Catholic Church, University of Atmajaya, Jl. Jend. Sudirman 51: Services on Saturday, at 5:30 p.m., Sunday, 9.00 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 5:30 p.m. For further information phone Rev. F. de van der Schueren, 7971563. * Calvary Life Fellowship, Interdenominational English speaking worship service, at Imperial Century Hotel, Lippo Karawaci, Tangerang, Sunday, 10 a.m., For further information phone Rev. Bill Hekman, 0818 811535. * International Bethany Fellowship (Phone: 5220885), service at Gracia Hall, Menara Gracia 10th floor, Jl. H. R. Rasuna Said Kav. C. 17, South Jakarta, Thursday, 7 p.m. . * Bethany Office Fellowship (Phone: 4528436), in Gracia Hall, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., on Monday. PD. Gracia service at 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Gracia Hall, on Friday. * Sorak Hosana Jakarta Pentecost Church (Phone: 5813055), in Gracia Hall, every Sunday, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. . * Jakarta International Baptist Church, Jl. Tirtayasa Raya No. 1, Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta (Phone: 7246268): Sunday Bible Study for all ages at 9:45 a.m. with Morning Worship at 11 a.m. * Jakarta International Christian Fellowship, 2nd floor, Financial Club Graha Niaga, Niaga Tower, Jl. Jend. Sudirman, South Jakarta: Worship service (in English), on Sunday, at 10:30 a.m., Adults and Children Sunday Classes at 9:15 a.m.. For more information call 75905682 or 75900015. * Deutscher Gottesdienst, at German Center, 7th floor, BSD- Serpong (Phone: 5370112 or 5374856), Saturday, 4:30 p.m.