Where to go in Jakarta: Saturday, April 8, 2000
* Painting Exhibition: Tilo Kaiser, at Duta Fine Arts Foundation, Jl. Kemang Utara 55A, South Jakarta (Phone: 7990226), Tuesday to Saturday at 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Sunday, Monday at 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., until April 20. * Sculpture Exhibition: Mother of Earth, at Galeri Lawang, 8th floor of block L building, Campus I Tarumanegara University, Jl. S. Parman no. 1, West Jakarta, until April 21. * Painting Exhibition: Disini, by Andi Suandi, at Hazara Bar & Cafe, Jl. Wahid Hasyim 112, Central Jakarta, until April 30. * Painting, Furniture Exhibition by Hidayat and Jeremy Thomas, at Gallery TC - Twilite Cafe, Jl. Kemang Raya No. 24A, South Jakarta (Phone: 7194270), until April 25. * Painting Exhibition: Aku Kamu Disini, by 4 painters at Indo Steak Restaurant, Jl. H.R. Rasuna Said, Kav 2-3, Kuningan, South Jakarta, until April 12. * Painting Exhibition: The Innocent of Marliati Rustam and Handoyo, at Galeri Penjor Jl. Panglima Polim Raya 53, April 8. * Painting Exhibition: Yulianto Liestiono and Irawan Karseno, at Galeri Milenium, Golden Plaza complex, Blok B-23, Jl. R.S. Fatmawati No. 15, South Jakarta (Phone: 7507828), 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., April 10 - 26.
* Traditional Comedies - Ketoprak Humor Samiaji: Calon Arang I, Gedung Kesenian Jakarta, 8 p.m., April 12. * Contemporary Drama: Quo Vadis Maestro Basi, at Graha Bhakti Budaya - TIM, Jl. Cikini Raya 73, Central Jakarta, 8 p.m., April 8-9. * Music: A collaboration between piano music from America and Indonesian Ethnic music, Gedung Kesenian Jakarta, Jl. Gedung Kesenian No. 1, Central Jakarta (Phone: 3808283), 8 p.m., April 8. * Bel Canto Concert no. 6 Millenium 2000 Opera Gala Night by The Batavia Madrigal Singers and renowned soloists, at The Grand Ballroom, the Dharmawangsa Hotel, Jl. Brawijaya 26, South Jakarta (reservations 7258181), 7 p.m., April 15. * Music: Celtik Music Concert, at Waroeng Kemang, Jl. Kemang Raya 12 - 16 A, 7 p.m., South Jakarta, April 11. * Music: Fahmi Alatas and friends, Erasmus Huis, Jl. H.R. Rasuna Said, Kav S-3, Kuningan, South Jakarta (Phone: 5252321), 7:30 p.m., April 12. * Shadow Play: Kisah Negeri Wiroto, puppeteer Matsumoto Ryo, at Pusat Kebudayaan Jepang - The Japan Foundation, Summitmas I, Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 61-62 South Jakarta (Phone: 5201266), 7 p.m., April 12, 11 a.m. and 2:30 p.m., April 13.
* Seminar on Islamic and Modern Concepts of Governance and Democracy, at Hotel Atlet Century Park, Kridangga Ballroom, Jl. Pintu Satu Senayan, Central Jakarta, 7 p.m., April 10. * ICAC presents a series of seminars on women's issues and interests on April 13-14. Registration fee / day Rp 120,000 (ICAC members), Rp 140,000 (non members). For complete schedule and registration contact ICAC House, Jl. Bona Vista Raya, Lebak Bulus, phone 75816710-14, fax. 75816749, e-mail: email@example.com
* The film festival dedicated to 55th anniversary of Victory in the Second World War: One Chance of a Thousand, at the Russian Cultural Center, Jl. Diponegoro No. 12, Central Jakarta (phone 335290), 7 p.m., April 12.
* Bayt Al-Qur'an Museum, at Taman Mini Indonesia Indah, Bambu Apus, East Jakarta (Phone: 8416466), Monday to Sunday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. * Adam Malik Museum, Jl. Diponegoro 29, Menteng, Central Jakarta (Phone: 337403), Tuesday to Saturday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Sunday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. * National Museum, Jl. Medan Merdeka Barat 12, Central Jakarta: (Phone: 3811551), Tuesday to Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Saturday, 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. * Puppet Museum, Jl. Pintu Besar Utara 27, West Jakarta (Phone: 6929560), Tuesday to Thursday, Sunday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Friday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. * Satria Mandala Military Museum, Jl. Gatot Subroto, South Jakarta (Phone: 5227949). * Textile Museum, Jl. Karel Satsuit Tubun, Tanah Abang, Central Jakarta (Phone: 5606613), Tuesday to Sunday (except Friday), 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Friday, 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. * Forestry Manggala Wana Bhakti Museum, Jl. Gatot Subroto, South Jakarta (Phone 5703265/46 ext.5557/8), Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. * Stamp Museum, in Taman Mini Indonesia Indah, East Jakarta (Phone 8409286), Tuesday to Saturday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. * The 1945 Fight For Freedom Museum, Jl. Menteng Raya 31, Central Jakarta (Phone: 3909148), Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. * Jakarta Museum of History Taman Fatahillah, West Jakarta (Phone: 6929101), Tuesday to Friday, Sunday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. * Sasmithaloka Ahmad Yani Museum, Jl. Lembang 58, Block D, Menteng, Central Jakarta (Phone: 314583), Tuesday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. * Fine arts and ceramics museum, Jl. Taman Fatahillah 2, West Jakarta (Phone: 6907062), Tuesday to Sunday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. * Inscriptions museum, Jl. Tanah Abang 1 Central Jakarta, (Phone: 3854060), Tuesday to Saturday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
* Church of Christ Worship Service in English, in the dining room, Graha Purna Wira Polri, Jl. Darmawangsa III no. 2, Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta, on Sunday, 4 p.m. Further information contact Donald L. Goodman 7657941. * Young Adults Weekend Service at Nilakandi Room, Wisma Dharmala Sakti, Jl. Jend. Sudirman, Kav 32, Central Jakarta, organized by GBI Bethany English Service, on Saturday, 5 p.m. Further information contact Ariawan 5806193. * Anugerah Methodist Church (Phone: 5601944 / 0812 9249179): English service at Mulia Hotel, Flamboyan room, Jl. Asia Afrika no. 1, Senayan, Sunday, 9 a.m., Sunday school for teenagers, 11 a.m. * Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Jl. Saharjo 317B South Jakarta (Phone: 8294672). Service on Sunday at 8 a.m. (in English). * Rahmat Emmanuel Ministries Service, in the Irian Room, 15th floor, Hotel Indonesia, Jl. M.H. Thamrin, Central Jakarta: Service on Sunday, at 4 p.m., (in English). Further information contact Mr. Iwan at 6502262. * Charismatic Worship Service Interdenominational ministry of the Assemblies of God Indonesia (Phone: 3856961): English Services on Sunday at 10:30 a.m., Sunday School for ages 2-16, at 10:30 a.m., at Gedung Kenanga, Jl. Senen Raya No.46, Central Jakarta. English Services in Hilton Executive Club, Jakarta Hilton Hotel at 8 a.m., in Gemini room, Kid's Church for ages 2-5 and 6-12 in Cempaka and Mawar room, and Sunday Schools for all ages at 9:45 a.m. * First Church of Christ, Scientist, Jl. Teuku Cik Ditiro 48, Menteng, Central Jakarta (Phone: 3106368): Services (in English) on Sunday, 8:30 a.m. Sunday school 8:30 a.m., Testimony Meeting, Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. * Immanuel Church, Jl. Medan Merdeka Timur, Central Jakarta (Phone 3440747): Service on Sunday at 5 p.m. (in English). * Immanuel Methodist Church, Jl. Latumeten, Gg. Rahayu I/7, West Jakarta (Phone: 6312870): Services on Sunday at 10 a.m. (in English), Sunday School at 8 a.m. * All Saints' Anglican Church (opposite The Aryaduta Jakarta), Jl. Arif Rahman Hakim No. 5, Central Jakarta: Services on Sunday at 7:30 a.m., 9 a.m. with Sunday School. South Jakarta (just off the Outer Ringroad), Don Bosco School, Pondok Indah. Sunday Services at 10 a.m. with Sunday School (all services in English). For more information call Vicar Revd. Andrew Lake at (021) 7667713. * Jakarta Community Church using the airconditioned community hall of Effata Church at the corner of Jl. Melawai Raya and Jl. Iskandarsyah II, near Pasaraya, Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta. International and ecumenical service of worship in English on Sundays at 10 a.m. Children's program includes toddlers' care and Sunday School. For more information call 7222325. * Catholic Church, University of Atmajaya, Jl. Jend. Sudirman 51: Services on Saturday, at 5:30 p.m., Sunday, 9.00 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 5:30 p.m. For further information phone Rev. F. de van der Schueren, 7971563. * Calvary Life Fellowship, Interdenominational English speaking worship service, at Imperial Century Hotel, Lippo Karawaci, Tangerang, Sunday, 10 a.m., For further information phone Rev. Bill Hekman, 0818 811535. * International Bethany Fellowship (Phone: 5220885), service at Gracia Hall, Menara Gracia 10th floor, Jl. H. R. Rasuna Said Kav. C. 17, South Jakarta, Thursday, 7 p.m. . * Bethany Office Fellowship (Phone: 4528436), in Gracia Hall, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., on Monday. PD. Gracia service at 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Gracia Hall, on Friday. * Sorak Hosana Jakarta Pentecost Church (Phone: 5813055), in Gracia Hall, every Sunday, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. . * Jakarta International Baptist Church, Jl. Tirtayasa Raya No. 1, Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta (Phone: 7246268): Sunday Bible Study for all ages at 9:45 a.m. with Morning Worship at 11 a.m. * Jakarta International Christian Fellowship, 2nd floor, Financial Club Graha Niaga, Niaga Tower, Jl. Jend. Sudirman, South Jakarta: Worship service (in English), on Sunday, at 10:30 a.m., Adults and Children Sunday Classes at 9 a.m.. For more information call 2526719, 2526725. * Deutscher Gottesdienst, at German Center, 7th floor, BSD- Serpong (Phone: 5370112 or 5374856), Saturday, 4:30 p.m. * German Speaking Catholic Community at Wacana Bhakti Church, Jl. Pejatan Barat 10A, South Jakarta (Phone: 5480520), Holy Mass on Sunday at 10:30 a.m. For further information phone Pater Franz Schaaf, 71793680. * German Speaking Protestant Service: Gottesdienst, at the Effatha Church, Jl. Melawai 1/2, Kebayoran Baru (behind Pasaraya), South Jakarta, 4 p.m., April 9.