Where to go in Jakarta:
* The Aryaduta Jakarta, Jl. Prapatan 44-48, Central Jakarta: - Ambiente Italian Restaurant: Bonauli vocal group, Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.; Lost Morenitos, Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. - Ambassador Lounge: Amir (pianist), Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.; Saturday 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.; Jakarta String Fantasy Trio, Monday to Saturday from 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.; Sunday from 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.; Boece and Rima (pianist and singer), Monday to Thursday 7 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.; Friday and Saturday from 7 p.m. to 12:30 p.m.; Yusuf (pianist), Sunday from 7 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. - The Tavern Pub: Yeah Yeah Boys, Sunday 8:30 p.m. to 12 p.m.; Freeway Band, Monday from 9 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.; Tuesday and Wednesday 8 p.m. to 1 a.m.; Thursday 9 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.; Freeway Band & Frontline, Friday from 8:30 p.m. to 2 a.m.; Freeway Band & Asian Roots, 8:30 p.m. to 2 a.m. * Borobudur Inter-Continental, Jl. Lapangan Banteng Selatan, Central Jakarta: - Kintamani Pavilion: Traditional Dances & Songs Friday, Italian Night Wednesday, all from 7 p.m.. - Pendopo Tea Lounge: Monika Rosca, pianist from Poland, Monday to Saturday 4 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.; Sylvia Howard, jazz/blues singer from the U.S., Monday to Saturday from 9 p.m. to 12:45 a.m. - Music Room: Party All Night, Monday and Tuesday; Ladies Night, Wednesday, Feeling Blue Night, Thursday; Friday Fashion Night. * Century Park Hotel, Jl. Pintu Satu Senayan, Central Jakarta: - Jasmine Lounge: Trio Graciella Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.; Duo Mansyah and Endang Wijayati Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday; Jump Selection Monday & Friday 8 p.m. to midnight; Platinum Saturday and Sunday 8 p.m. to midnight. * Dai-Ichi Hotel, Jl. Senen Raya 135, Central Jakarta: - Lobby, Mezzanine Lounge: classic music, live daily 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.. - Morgan's Pub & Discotheque: Audio V/Philippine Band, "Top 40 Music" daily except Sundays 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. * Grand Hyatt Jakarta, Jl. Thamrin, Central Jakarta: - Fountain Lounge: Fenny/Astrid (pianist) daily except Tuesday 4:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.; Music Colours (new vocal group from the Philippines) daily except Tuesday 8:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.; String Quintet & Singer Tuesday 8:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.; Trio Semi Classical Monday to Friday (except Tuesday) 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., 12 p.m. to 2:45 p.m., Tuesday 4:30 p.m. to 8:p.m., Saturday & Sunday 3 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. - O'Reilly's: In-Session Band with Stephanie and Briggite from the Carribean, Monday to Saturday, 9 p.m. to 1:30 a.m; In- Session, Sunday, 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. - Seafood Terrace: Bambu & Suling daily 7:15 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. * Hotel Horison, Ancol, North Jakarta: - Nelayan Bar: Sandra Lintang, Lucy, Herdy Perdana, Yusdi & Yuddy, (electone, saxophones & singers), Monday to Sunday 9 p.m. to midnight, Saturday 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.. - Pondok Samudra: Dolimas Vocal Group, 7:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., Saturday & Sunday. - Spec's Music Lounge: Jags Ensemble Band Monday to Friday 8 p.m. to 2 a.m., Saturday 8 p.m. to 3 a.m. - Sunda Kelapa Coffee Shop: Purwanto & Yully (organ & singer) everyday, 12 noon to 3 p.m.; Los Andilos Vocal Group, 7:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, Friday; El Mores Vocal Group, 7:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday. * Hotel Indonesia, Jl. Thamrin, Central Jakarta: - Ganesha Bar: Idrus (organist), daily from 7 p.m. to 9:45 p.m., except Wednesday; Netty Galles & Idrus Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday 7 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.; Rini & Nikko (singer & organist) Saturday & Sunday 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.; Yetty (singer, organist) Monday to Friday 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.; Country Rider's Group, Sunday 10 p.m. to midnight; Ellen & Idrus Monday, Friday, Sunday 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. - Lobby: Bumbung Bali Saturday 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.; Karawitan Jawa Thursday 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.; Kolintang Harmoni Monday and Wednesday 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.; Arumba music Tuesday and Friday 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. - Ramayana Lounge: Traditional Modern Music daily 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. - Ramayana Terrace: Los Amigos vocal group Tuesday and Friday 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.; Keroncong Swakarsa Sunday & Thursday 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.; Arumba Music Monday & Wednesday 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.; Ikapari Country Band Saturday 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. - Nirwana Supper Club: Vannie's Band Monday to Saturday 10 p.m. to midnight except Wednesdays 7:30 p.m. to midnight; Netty Galles & Lingga's Band Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday 9:30 p.m. to 1 a.m.; Ellen & Lingga's Band Monday, Friday, Sunday 10 p.m. to 1 a.m * Hotel Wisata International, Jl. Thamrin, Central Jakarta: - Lobby: Traditional Music: Degung & Jaipong Monday & Thursday, Karawitan Friday 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. - Jampang Bar Electone & Singers Hendra/Hendy & Leny Monday to Saturday 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.; Saxophone Tony Wednesday & Saturday 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. - Marunda Restaurant Electone & Singers Hendra/Hendy & Leny Monday, Friday & Saturday 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.; Andros & Arizona Vocal Group Tuesday 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.; Keroncong Swakarsa Wednesday 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. * Jakarta Hilton International Hotel, Jl. Gatot Subroto: - Hibiscus: Albert Pays (pianist), Sunday 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. - Kudus Bar: Manneke & Renny Octora (pianist and singer) Monday to Saturday 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. except Sunday 6 p.m. to midnight; Albert Pays & Rey Wowor Monday, Wednesday to Saturday 9 p.m. to midnight, Tuesday 6 p.m. to midnight. - Pizzaria Restaurant: Hazztoria Band Sunday - Thursday 8:30 p.m.- midnight; Friday/Saturday 8:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. The O Band every Tuesday. - Sriwedari Garden Restaurant: The Good Guys Band Saturday & Sunday evenings, Kecapi Suling Friday evening. - Taman Sari Restaurant: Pianist, dinner, daily. * Kartika Chandra Hotel, Jl. Gatot Subroto, Jakarta: - Prambanan Coffee Shop: Agape Trio Monday to Wednesday 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.; Casanova Vocal Group Friday to Sunday 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.; The "S" Trio Thursday 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. * Le Meridien Jakarta, Jl. Sudirman Kav. 18-20, Central Jakarta: - Le Rendez-Vous: Ucok H.S. (guitarist), 4:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. daily except Saturdays; Taras Quartet Monday 8 p.m. to midnight; Ezio Marano (Italian pianist), 7:30 p.m. - 01:00 a.m. daily except Mondays; Yetti Garnita (Pianist) Saturday 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. * Manari Beach Mania, Jl. Gatot Subroto No. 14, South Jakarta: Nightly music and dance entertainment, Monday to Thursday 7 p.m. to 12 p.m., Friday and Saturday 7 p.m. to 2 a.m. * Mandarin Oriental Jakarta Hotel, Jl. Thamrin, Central Jakarta: - Chequers Bar Reflection Of from Australia, Monday to Saturday, until 1 a.m. on weekdays and until 2 a.m. on weekends. * News Cafe Jakarta, Setia Budi Building, Kuningan, South Jakarta: Beatles Night Wednesday night; Jazz Night Tuesday night; Oldies but Goodies Thursday night; Queen Sound Specialist Monday night; Sound of the Sixties Friday night; Top 40 Saturday night. * President Hotel: Jl. Thamrin 59, Central Jakarta: - Lobby: Indonesian Traditional Dances, every Monday, 7 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. - Rainbow Lounge: El Javos Vocal Group Sunday & Tuesday 7:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.; Rainbow Band Monday, Friday & Saturday; Yetti Garnita (Singing Pianist) Wednesday & Thursday 7:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. - Sky Garden Grill & Supper Club: Sky Riders Band & Singers Sunday to Thursday 9 p.m. to midnight, Friday, Saturday & holiday's eve until 1 a.m. * Sahid Jaya Hotel: Jl. Sudirman, Central Jakarta: - Bengawan Solo Restaurant: Panglejar Manah (Siteran Music) daily, 6 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. - Lobby Lounge: David (pianist) and Ira Diman, Monday to Saturday 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.; Angklung Plus every Sunday; The Last Project Band, Monday through Saturday, 8 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. - Lobby Tower: Tina's Group (Gamelan Music) Wednesday & Saturday 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. - Sukohardjo Lounge: Bambang S. (pianist), Monday to Saturday 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.; Sunday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. G+4 Quartet Monday to Saturday, 8:15 p.m. to 11 p.m. * Sari Pan Pacific Hotel, Jl. Thamrin, Central Jakarta: - Jayakarta Grill: Felicia & pianist Monday to Saturday 7:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. - Melati Lounge: Saroha Vocal Group daily except Monday, 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.; Playmates Band, 9 p.m. to 12:30 .m., daily except Sunday. - Pacific Lounge: Guitarist, Monday to Friday, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. - Pitstop Club: First Born Child, nightly except Sunday, 9:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m.; Flashback every Monday. 9:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. * Shangri-La Hotel, Jl. Sudirman Kav. 1, Central Jakarta: - Lobby Lounge: Pianist daily 12 p.m. to 2:45 p.m.; Classical Trio daily 4 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.; Classique Strings Monday to Saturday 8 p.m. to 00:45 a.m. - Margaux restaurant Solo Pianist from Monday to Saturday 7 p.m. to 10.45 p.m. * Hard Rock Cafe, Jl. Thamrin, Central Jakarta: "Music Hours": Bar Games, Music Library, Music Videos, Monday to Friday, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
* Adam Malik Museum, Jl. Diponegoro 29, Menteng, Central Jakarta: Tuesday to Friday 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. * National Museum, Jl. Medan Merdeka Barat, Central Jakarta: Sunday 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., Tuesday to Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. * Puppet Museum, Jl. Pintu Besar Utara, West Jakarta: Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. * Satriamandala Military Museum, Jl. Gatot Subroto, South Jakarta: Tuesday to Sunday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. * Textile Museum, Jl. Karel Satsuit Tubun, Tanah Abang, West Jakarta: Sunday & Tuesday to Thursday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
* Michael Learns to Rock at Hard Rock Cafe Jakarta, Podium 2nd Floor Sarinah Building, Jl. Thamrin, Central Jakarta, Nov. 15 at 10 p.m. * Dance performances daily at 4 p.m. at Sogo Seni Art and Culture Center, Sogo Department Store, 3rd floor, Jl. Thamrin, Central Jakarta. * Prambors Cafe, Club Fame, Mondays & Tuesdays, Protonema, Thursdays, Cold Sweat, Wednesdays & Fridays, Back to 90s, Saturdays & Sundays, from 10 p.m. until late midnight.
* Lestari atau Mati (Sein oder Nichtsein) German documentary photo exhibition at S. Thayeb building, Trisakti University, Jl. Kiai Tapa, Grogol, West Jakarta, from Nov. 11 to 20, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., except Sunday. * Two Generation painting exhibition featuring works by Marilies Forster and Annemarie Maruna Forster from Austria, Aryaduta Jakarta, Jl. Prapatn No. 44-46, Central Jakarta, 10 a.m to 8 p.m. until Nov. 13 * The Elephants and the Orangutan photo exhibition featuring works by Roy Genggam and Donny Metri at Galeri Foto Jurnalistik Antara, Jl. Antara 59, Pasar Baru, Central Jakarta, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., until Nov. 22. * Indonesian Ceremonial Objects of the Past, until December at President Hotel, lobby and coffee shop, Jl. Thamrin, Central Jakarta, daily 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. * The Antique, Mother of All Arts and Crafts, 200 antique crafts and continuous demonstration of Balinese Wayang painting using natural bone, stone & vegetal paints, at Rumah Indonesia, Jl. T.B. Simatupang 42, Monday-Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. * Paintings by Indonesian, European, American and Russian artists at Slavia Art Gallery, Jl. Kemang Raya 125, South Jakarta, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. until Dec. 15. * Paintings by Pandu Pribadi at Duta Fine Arts Foundation, Jl. Kemang Utra 55A, South Jakarta, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., until Nov. 17.
* Evening Lectures by The Indonesia Heritage Society at Erasmus Huis, Jl Rasuna Said, South Jakarta, every Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. through Nov. 22.
* Children's Music Workshop presented by The Circle, with harpist Heidi Awuy and trumpetist Eric Awuy at The Stage Restaurant, Ratu Plaza basement, Jl. Sudirman, South Jakarta, Nov. 13 at 1 p.m. Observers welcomed.
* Stilles Land at Goethe Institut, Jl. Matraman Raya 23, East Jakarta, Nov. 11 at 4 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. * Indonesian films: Indonesia Indah, Anak-anak Indonesia, Untaian Manikam, The First Emperor of China and Blue Planet. For information on screening times contact: Keong Emas, Taman Mini Indonesia, phone: 840 1036.