Where to go in Bali for Thursday, November 20, 2003
* Signs paintings exhibition, new works of I Ketut Sugantika, at Werddhi Budaya Art Center, Jl. Nusa Indah-Denpasar, until Nov. 28. * Perempuan paintings and photographs exhibition, works by 7 artists including Wianta, Oei Hong Djien and Iswanto Soerjanto, Hotel Padma Bali, Jl. Padma-Legian, Nov. 24 to Dec. 6. * Video-Painting-Kadek installation by Filippo Sciascia, the Gaya gallery, Jl. Raya Sayan-Ubud, Nov. 28 to Dec. 28. * Painting: The Fine Art of Fine Arts, featuring works of seven artists including Huang Fong, Bambang Rahardjo and Mozes Misdy, at Puri Seminyak Gallery, Seminyak (Tel. 0361-730814), 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., until Nov. 20. * Painting: The Silent Painting, featuring works of 21 artists including Arie Smit, Srihadi Soedarsono, Djirna, Sutawijaya, Mangu Putra and Nyoman Tusan Griya Santrian Gallery, Sanur, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., until Dec. 27. * Installation Video<
* Suteja Neka Pelestarian Budaya Bali book launching, authored by Prof. Dr. IGN Gorda, at the Neka Museum, Jl. Raya Sanggingan- Ubud, 10 a.m. on Nov. 25.
Museums and Galleries
* Sika Galery, Jl. Raya Campuhan Sanggingan, Ubud (Tel. 0361 975727, 975085) * Blue Moon Gallery, Jl. Tirta Tawar, Banjar Kutuh Kaja, Ubud (Tel. 0361 976727), daily, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. * Museum Puri Lukisan, Jl. Raya Ubud, Gianyar (Tel. 0361 975136), daily, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. * Museum of Bali, Jl. Letkol Wisnu, downtown of Denpasar (Tel. 0361 2277271), Tuesday to Sunday, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. * Museum Archeology, near Museum of Bali, Tuesday to Sunday, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. * Taman Budaya Cultural Center, Jl. Nusa Indah, Denpasar, daily (except holiday), 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. * Museum Le Majeur, painting museum of Le Majeur, famous Bali- style painter, Jl. Hang Tuah, Sanur, Saturday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. * Museum Subak, museum of Balinese irrigation system and organization, Tabanan, daily, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. * Museum Kirtya, museum of Balinese lontar writing, Jl. Veteran, Singaraja, Monday to Thursday, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. * Museum Neka and Painting Gallery, Jl. Campuhan, Ubud (Tel. 0361 975034, 975074), daily, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. * Agung Rai Fine Art Gallery, Peliatan, Ubud (Tel. 0361 974228), daily, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. * Antonio Blanco's Art Gallery, Jl. Campuan, Ubud, daily, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. * Aryasa Wood Carving Gallery and Artshop, Tegallalang, Ubud, daily, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. * Bamboo Gallery, Yayasan Bamboo Lestari, Jl. Nyuhkuning, Pengosekan, Ubud (Tel. 0361 975037), daily, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. * Museum Gunarsa, Banjar Bande, Takmung, Banjarangkan, Klungkung (Tel. 0361 22256), Tuesday to Sunday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. * Ganesha Gallery, Four Seasons Resort Bali, Jimbaran Bay (Tel. 0361 701010), daily, 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. * Seniwati Gallery of Art by Women, Jl. Sriwedari 2b, Banjar Taman, Ubud (Tel. 0361 975485), daily, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. * Rudana Museum, Peliatan, Ubud (Tel. 0361 26564), daily except holidays, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. * Samsara Fine Arts Gallery, Mas, Ubud (Tel. 0361 974567), daily, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. * Nyoman Sumertha Fine Arts Gallery, Banjar Teges, Peliatan, Ubud (Tel. 0361 975267), daily, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. * Bali Gong Art, Batuan, Sukawati, Gianyar (Tel. 0361 298269), daily, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Protestant Church Services
* Nusa Dua: Worship in English at Jl. Kurusetra Kampial, Bualu, Nusa Dua (Tel. 0361 776807, call Ms. Ketut). Sunday, 10 a.m. * Legian: Legian Congregation English Worship Service, Jl. Patimura, off Jl. Legian, (Tel. 0361 754255 call Ms. Merriyes), Legian. * Sanur: Grand Hyatt Hotel English Worship Service, 2nd Floor, Sunday, 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m..
Catholic Holy Mass
* Denpasar: St. Joseph Church, Jl. Kepundung (Tel. 0361 222729), Sunday, 7 a.m., 9 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Katedral Rohkudus Church, Jl. Tukad Musi, Renon (Tel. 0361 241303). * Kuta: St. Francis Xavier Church, Jl. Kartika Plaza, Tuban Kuta (Tel. 0361 750043). Sunday, 7 a.m., 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. (in English). Nusa Dua: Mary, Mother of all Nation Church at Jl. Kurusetra Kampial, Bualu, Nusa Dua. Sunday, 8:30 a.m..
Important Telephone Numbers
Public Hospital 227911
Australian Consulate, Jl. Prof. Moh. Yamin no. 51 (Tel. 0361 235092).
Consular Agent of France, Jl. Bypass Sanur (Tel. 0361 285485).
Consular Agent of United State of America, Jl. Hayam Wuruk no. 188 (Tel. 0361 233605).
Consular Agent of the Netherlands, Jl. Imam Bonjol no. 599 (Tel. 0361 751517).
Consular Agent of Switzerland, Jl. Werkudara Legian Kaja (Tel. 0361 751735).
Honorary Consul of Finland and Sweden, Segara Village Hotel Jl. Segara Sanur, (Tel. 0361 288407).
Italian Consulate, Lotus Asia Tour Jl. Bypass Ngurah Rai Jimbaran (Tel. 0361 701650).
Japan Consulate, Jl. Raya Puputan no. 170 Renon, Denpasar (Tel. 0361 227628).
Spain Consulate Jl. Raya Sanggingan Ubud (Tel. 0361 975736)
Mexican Consulate, Astina Tour Jl. Prof Moh. Yamin 1 A (Tel. 0361 223552).
* HOTEL PADMA BALI located on the famous sunset Legian beach, now offering its Padma Recovery and Year End Packages. A special rupiah package rate for WNI & KITA's holder only. For inquiry or reservation, please call (0361) 752111 or SAHM (Sekar Alliance Hotel Management) marketing office (021) 7202859.
* POPPIES COTTAGES,, Kuta.
-Phone: (0361) 751059
-Fax : (0361) 752364
-Web : www.poppies.net
-Hidden away in a secret garden, Poppies is after two decades still being discovered by those wishing to escape the glitz and glamour of grandiose hotels, while expecting comfortable clean surroundings, friendly service, and Balinese charm.