Where to go in Bali for Thursday, Jan. 6, 2000
* Photo Exhibition: Foto-Realisme Indonesia, by Agus Kamal, Asri Nugroho, etc., at Edwin's Gallery Bali, Komp. Tuban Plaza no. 25- 27, Jl. Bypass Ngurah Rai, Kuta, Denpasar, until Jan. 18. * Painting Exhibition: Recollections by Astari Rasjid, at Ganesha Gallery, Four Seasons Resort, Jimbaran Bay (Phone: 0361 701010), 12 p.m. to 8 p.m., until Jan. 12. * Painting Exhibition, works of 135 artists, organized by 6 museums in Bali, at Agung Rai Museum of Art (ARMA), Pengosekan, Ubud, until Jan. 15.
Museums and Galleries
* Blue Moon Gallery, Jl. Tirta Tawar, Banjar Kutuh Kaja, Ubud (Phone: 0361 976727), daily, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. * Museum Puri Lukisan - Yayasan Ratna Warta, Jl. Raya Ubud, Gianyar (Phone: 0361 975136), daily, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. * Museum of Bali, Jl. Letkol Wisnu, downtown of Denpasar (Phone: 0361 2277271), Tuesday to Sunday, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. * Museum Archeology, near Museum of Bali, Tuesday to Sunday, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. * Taman Budaya Cultural Center, Jl. Nusa Indah, Denpasar, daily (except holiday), 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. * Museum Le Majeur, painting museum of Le Majeur, famous Bali- style painter, Jl. Hang Tuah, Sanur, Saturday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. * Museum Subak, museum of Balinese irrigation system and organization, Tabanan, daily, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. * Museum Kirtya, museum of Balinese lontar writing, Jl. Veteran, Singaraja, Monday to Thursday, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. * Museum Neka and Painting Gallery, Jl. Campuhan, Ubud (Phone: 0361 975034, 975074), daily, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. * Agung Rai Fine Art Gallery, Peliatan, Ubud (Phone: 0361 974228), daily, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. * Antonio Blanco's Art Gallery, Jl. Campuan, Ubud, daily, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. * Aryasa Wood Carving Gallery and Artshop, Tegallalang, Ubud, daily, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. * Bamboo Gallery, Yayasan Bamboo Lestari, Jl. Nyuhkuning, Pengosekan, Ubud (Phone: 0361 975037), daily, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. * Museum Gunarsa, Banjar Bande, Takmung, Banjarangkan, Klungkung (Phone: 0366 22256), Tuesday to Sunday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. * Ganesha Gallery, Four Seasons Resort, Jimbaran (Phone: 0361 701010), daily, 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. * Seniwati Gallery of Art by Women, Jl. Sriwedari 2b, Banjar Taman, Ubud (Phone: 0361 975485), daily, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. * Rudana Museum, Peliatan, Ubud (Phone: 0361 26564), daily except holidays, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. * Samsara Fine Arts Gallery, Mas, Ubud (Phone: 0361 974567), daily, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. * Nyoman Sumertha Fine Arts Gallery, Banjar Teges, Peliatan, Ubud (Phone: 0361 975267), daily, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. * Bali Gong Art, Batuan, Sukawati, Gianyar (Phone: 0361 298269), daily, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Protestant Church Services
* Jimbaran: English Worship Service (ecumenical) at Bali Inter - Continental Resort, Pandawa Room, Sunday, 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. * Nusa Dua: Nusa Dua Beach Hotel, Sunday, 6 p.m., Bali International Church, Jl. Taman Giri, Mumbul. * Legian: Bali Legian Church, Gang Menuh, Jl. Tunung Mekar, Legian. * Denpasar: Maranatha Church, Jl. Surapati, Sunday, 9 a.m., 6 p.m. * Kuta: Eklesia Church, Jl. Raya Tuban, Sunday, 9 a.m., 6 p.m. * Sanur: English Worship Service, in Grand Bali Beach Hotel, 2nd floor, Sunday, 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Catholic Holy Mass
* Denpasar: St. Joseph Church, Jl. Kepundung, Saturday, 5:30 p.m., Sunday, 7 a.m., 9 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. * Kuta: St. Francis Xavier Church, Jl. Kartika Plaza, Tuban Kuta, Saturday, 6 p.m., Sunday, 8 a.m. * Sanur: Bali Hyatt, Hibiscus Room, Sanur, Saturday, 7 p.m. (in English). * Nusa Dua: Mary, Mother of All Nations Church, Bukit Kampial, Sunday, 8:30 a.m.
* Melia Bali Villas and Spa Resort, Nusa Dua (Phone: 0361 771510): - Bali Boulevard: The Cabaret Show, by 12 dancers of the Melia Bali dancing team, Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday, 10 p.m.
* Hard Rock Hotel, Jl. Pantai, Banjar Pande Mas, Kuta (Phone: 0361 761869): At the end of the day, the children's movie, Mowglie, a Jungle Boy taken from well known Walt Disney collection. Singing and dancing together with Hard Rock Hotel clown, Kak Iwan, Anie, Lydia and Emilia. - Ballroom: Midnight Christmas Mass with Ruth Sahanaya Gospel Choir plus Hard Rock Hotel Choir, 12 midnight to 1 a.m. - Lobby Bar: Macumba, Siluet and Miracle band, nightly, 7:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. - Sand Island: Rapaya Band and Macumba Band, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. - The Boom Box: Jazzy Wednesday, every Wednesday, Jam hours every Friday, 10:30 p.m. to 1 a.m. - Hard Rock Cafe: Nightly live music, 11 p.m. onwards
* Bali Hilton International, Nusa Dua (Phone: 0361 771102, website: http://www.hiltonindonesia.com): - Waterfall Restaurant, 7:30 p.m.: Solo Guitarist, Monday. Keroncong Orchestra, Tuesday. Unplug Group, Wednesday. Kolintang Bambu Orchestra, Thursday. Duo Guitarists, Friday. Trio Armanico, Saturday. Joged Bumbung Dance, Sunday. - Balinese Theater, 7:30 p.m.: Kecak Dance, Tuesday, Saturday. Ramayana Ballet, Monday. Legong Dance, Wednesday. Frog Dance, Thursday. Jegog Dance, Friday. Tek Tekan Dance, Sunday.
* Bali Cliff Resort, Ungasan (Phone: 0361 771992): - The Cave, open at 7 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.: Kecak Dance, Saturday. - Open Stage, 7 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.: Legong or Frog Dance, Monday, Friday. - The Cliff Coffee Shop, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Jazz Piano by Johny Rumanggit, Monday. - Al-Fresco Pizzeria, 7 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.: Classic Guitar by Lianto, Tuesday.
* Hotel Sanur Beach, Sanur (Phone: 0361 288011): - Bima Stage at 7:30 p.m.: Legong Dance, Wednesday, Ramayana Ballet, Saturday. - Poolside Restaurant: Pianist, Monday to Saturday, 7 p.m.
* Ramada Bintang Bali, Kuta (Phone: 0361 753292): - Poolside Amphitheater: Tek-Tekan Dance, Saturday. Legong Terompong Dance, Tuesday. Ramayana Dance, Thursday. - BB Discotheque: Live Band, every night.
* Grand Bali Beach, Sanur (Phone: 0361 288511): - Pendawa Open Stage: Ramayana Dance, Wednesday, 8:30 p.m.
* Putri Bali, Nusa Dua (Phone: 0361 771020): - Ambara Open Stage at 8:30 p.m.: Joged Dance, Wednesday, Ramayana Ballet, Sunday, Legong Dance, Friday.
* Grand Mirage Bali, Tanjung Nusa (Phone: 0361 771888): - Rama Stage: Legong Dance, Tuesday, 8:30 p.m.
* Padma Bali Hotel, Legian (Phone: 0361 752111): - Batavia Restaurant, 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.: Mask Dance, Wednesday. Background music, Saturday. Quartet Singers, Sunday. - Taman Ayun Coffe House, 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.: Kecak Dance, Monday. Background music, Tuesday. Cultural Show, Thursday. Legong Dance, Friday.
* Hotel Santika Beach, Kuta (Phone: 0361 751267): - Kaisar Restaurant: The Loz Poloz Quartet, Saturday night. - Taman Ayun Pool: Balinese performances, Tuesday, Friday, Sunday. - Uluwatu Restaurant: The Loz Poloz Quartet, Monday and Wednesday. - Taman Ayun Lobby Bar: Live music every day.
* Bali Inter - Continental Resort, Jimbaran (Phone: 0361 701888): - Saraswati Lounge, 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.: Topeng Dance, Tuesday. Frog Dance, Wednesday. Arjuna Wiwaha, Friday. Ramayana Dance, Saturday. Legong Dance, Sunday. - Padi Prada Lounge: Jazz Music by Milestone Jazz, daily (except Friday), 8 p.m. to 12 p.m. - Taman Gita Terrace: Okokan Dance, Monday, Kecak Dance, Thursday. - Jimbaran Garden Restaurant: Kolintang (Traditional Music), daily (except Thursday), 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. - Singaraja Restaurant: Mini Jegog, Monday, Tuesday, Sunday. Solo Guitar, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
* Nikko Bali Hotel, Nusa Dua (Phone: 0361 773377): - Kupu-kupu Amphitheater: Janger Parade and Mask Dance, Saturday 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. - Oolooloos Fun Pub: Trapessium Band, Tuesday to Sunday, 8 p.m. to 2 a.m., Fashion show, Saturday, 10:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
* Sheraton Nusa Indah Resort, Nusa Dua (Phone: 0361 771906): - Ikan Restaurant and Bar, open daily 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., entertained by Batak Quartet.
* Novotel Benoa Bali, Tanjung Benoa (Phone: 0361 772239): - Penida Stage, at 9 p.m. : Mayadenawa or Tek Tekan dance, Monday, Joger or Joged Bumbung, Tuesday. Ramayana or Legong Dance, Thursday. Puppet Show or Staff Show, Friday. Tahitian or Kecak Dance, Saturday.
* Kuta Paradiso Hotel Bali, Jl. Kartika Plaza, Tuban. P.O. Box 1133 & 1134 Tuban-Bali, Phone: 0361 761414, Fax: 0361 756944. - Pool Stage: Indonesian Night, every Monday. BBQ Buffet Dinner, Thursday. Pasta Night, Saturday. - El Patio Restaurant, open daily 24 hours. - Fukutaro Japanese Restaurant, open daily at 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
* Kartika Plaza Hotel Bali, Jl. Kartika Plaza, Tuban, Phone: 0361 751067, Fax: 0361 752475. - Rejang Terrace: BBQ seafood on the beach, every Monday. Asian Noodles, Tuesday. Balimoon Specialty, Wednesday. Mongolian BBQ night, Thursday. Seafood delight, Friday. European Delight, Saturday. Indonesian Rijstaffel, Sunday. - Melati Restaurant, open daily at 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.