West Kalimantan Attorney General's Office recovers additional Rp55 billion from bauxite case
Pontianak (ANTARA) - The West Kalimantan High Prosecutor’s Office (Kejati Kalbar) has once again saved state finances amounting to Rp55 billion in handling the case of alleged corruption in the management of bauxite mining in West Kalimantan.
“Today, the investigative team has successfully saved state finances amounting to Rp55 billion in the case of bauxite mining management in West Kalimantan,” said Assistant for Special Crimes (Aspidsus) of Kejati Kalbar, Siju, during a press conference in Pontianak on Wednesday.
Siju stated that this recovery is part of the ongoing investigation process.
He also mentioned that previously, on Thursday (16/4), investigators had saved state finances amounting to Rp115 billion from the same case. Thus, the total value of state finances saved in this case has reached Rp170 billion.
According to him, the funds successfully recovered originate from obligations of several mining business entities that failed to pay the earnest money for the construction of refining facilities (smelters).
“From 2019 to 2022, there were business entities that did not fulfil their obligation to place the earnest money for smelter construction. Today, that obligation has been paid amounting to Rp55 billion,” he explained.
Siju also conveyed that the investigation process is still ongoing and that they will delve deeper into the involvement of other parties in the case.
“We will continue to develop the investigation to ensure that all responsible parties can be held accountable in accordance with applicable legal provisions,” he said.
Kejati Kalbar appreciates the cooperation of various parties, including the business entities that have fulfilled their obligations, as well as the media’s support in overseeing the law enforcement process.