Weekly Crime Roundup: Richard Lee's Questioning to Kemang Café Attack
Jakarta (ANTARA) - A number of criminal incidents that occurred over the past week remain of interest today, ranging from the questioning of suspect Dr Richard Lee (DRL) to an attack on a café in the Kemang area of South Jakarta.
The following is a summary of the most noteworthy stories from the week.
**Richard Lee Released Without Detention After Questioning by Jakarta Metropolitan Police**
The Jakarta Metropolitan Police (Polda Metro Jaya) stated that it had completed the questioning of suspect Dr Richard Lee (DRL) in a case involving alleged consumer protection violations as well as beauty products and treatments, but did not detain him.
Head of Public Relations for Polda Metro Jaya, Police Commissioner Budi Hermanto, explained that the questioning of DRL began on Thursday (19/2) morning at 10:40 WIB and concluded at 19:00 WIB, covering a total of 35 questions. Following the questioning process, DRL was permitted to return home at approximately 22:30 WIB.
**Police Say Luxury Hotel Thief in Central Jakarta Acted Alone**
Polda Metro Jaya revealed that the perpetrator of a theft at a five-star hotel in Central Jakarta on Tuesday (10/2) carried out the act alone.
"Based on preliminary examination results, the perpetrator acted alone, and to date, no indication of the involvement of other parties has been found," said Head of Public Relations for Polda Metro Jaya, Police Commissioner Budi Hermanto, in Jakarta on Wednesday.
**Police Assist Mediation Between SMPN 182 and Collapsed Wall Owner**
Police assisted in the mediation process between SMPN 182 Kalibata, Pancoran, South Jakarta, and the owner of a collapsed boundary wall to reach an agreement.
"We only mediated because an agreement had already been reached. Therefore, there is no criminal element," said Pancoran Sector Police Chief, Police Commissioner Mansur, to reporters in Jakarta on Monday.
**South Jakarta Immigration Arrests Foreign DJs and Dancers for Visa Violations**
The South Jakarta Immigration Office, through a joint operation by the Foreign Nationals Monitoring Team (Tim Pora) together with the Jakarta Military Police Command (Pomdam Jaya), arrested disc jockeys (DJs) and dancers who are foreign nationals suspected of misusing their residence permits.
The arrests were carried out during an enforcement operation in the Kuningan area of South Jakarta in the early hours of Sunday (15/2).
**Four Allegedly Intoxicated Individuals Attack Café in Kemang**
Four unidentified and allegedly intoxicated individuals attacked staff and patrons of a coffee café in the Kemang area of South Jakarta on Monday (16/2) morning at 04:30 WIB.
"On Monday (16/2) at 04:30 WIB in the morning, we were assaulted by unknown individuals," said a victim named Anggun to reporters in Jakarta on Wednesday.
The following is a summary of the most noteworthy stories from the week.
**Richard Lee Released Without Detention After Questioning by Jakarta Metropolitan Police**
The Jakarta Metropolitan Police (Polda Metro Jaya) stated that it had completed the questioning of suspect Dr Richard Lee (DRL) in a case involving alleged consumer protection violations as well as beauty products and treatments, but did not detain him.
Head of Public Relations for Polda Metro Jaya, Police Commissioner Budi Hermanto, explained that the questioning of DRL began on Thursday (19/2) morning at 10:40 WIB and concluded at 19:00 WIB, covering a total of 35 questions. Following the questioning process, DRL was permitted to return home at approximately 22:30 WIB.
**Police Say Luxury Hotel Thief in Central Jakarta Acted Alone**
Polda Metro Jaya revealed that the perpetrator of a theft at a five-star hotel in Central Jakarta on Tuesday (10/2) carried out the act alone.
"Based on preliminary examination results, the perpetrator acted alone, and to date, no indication of the involvement of other parties has been found," said Head of Public Relations for Polda Metro Jaya, Police Commissioner Budi Hermanto, in Jakarta on Wednesday.
**Police Assist Mediation Between SMPN 182 and Collapsed Wall Owner**
Police assisted in the mediation process between SMPN 182 Kalibata, Pancoran, South Jakarta, and the owner of a collapsed boundary wall to reach an agreement.
"We only mediated because an agreement had already been reached. Therefore, there is no criminal element," said Pancoran Sector Police Chief, Police Commissioner Mansur, to reporters in Jakarta on Monday.
**South Jakarta Immigration Arrests Foreign DJs and Dancers for Visa Violations**
The South Jakarta Immigration Office, through a joint operation by the Foreign Nationals Monitoring Team (Tim Pora) together with the Jakarta Military Police Command (Pomdam Jaya), arrested disc jockeys (DJs) and dancers who are foreign nationals suspected of misusing their residence permits.
The arrests were carried out during an enforcement operation in the Kuningan area of South Jakarta in the early hours of Sunday (15/2).
**Four Allegedly Intoxicated Individuals Attack Café in Kemang**
Four unidentified and allegedly intoxicated individuals attacked staff and patrons of a coffee café in the Kemang area of South Jakarta on Monday (16/2) morning at 04:30 WIB.
"On Monday (16/2) at 04:30 WIB in the morning, we were assaulted by unknown individuals," said a victim named Anggun to reporters in Jakarta on Wednesday.