Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

Trump: US to Withdraw Troops from Iran in 2-3 Weeks

| | Source: REPUBLIKA Translated from Indonesian | Politics
Trump: US to Withdraw Troops from Iran in 2-3 Weeks
Image: REPUBLIKA

REPUBLIKA.CO.ID, WASHINGTON - United States President Donald Trump has stated that US troops will leave Iran in the next two to three weeks. This move will mark the end of the US attacks on Iran. “All I have to do is leave Iran, and we will do so shortly,” Trump told reporters on Tuesday (31/3/2026). “We will leave soon,” he added, specifying that it would happen in “perhaps two weeks, perhaps three weeks.” “If France or any other country wants to get oil or gas, they will go through the Strait (of Hormuz). They will be able to defend themselves. I think it will be very safe, but we have nothing to do with that,” he said. The US and Israel have been conducting airstrikes on Iran since 28 February, which have so far killed more than 1,340 people, according to the Iranian government. Iran has retaliated with drone and missile attacks on Israel and several areas hosting US military assets in Gulf countries. According to official US data, at least 13 of their soldiers have been killed since the war began. The conflict has also driven up energy prices and disrupted shipping in the Strait of Hormuz, a vital route for global oil shipments.

View JSON | Print