Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

Trump Threatens More Strikes on Iran as Tensions Escalate in the Middle East

| Source: DETIK Translated from Indonesian | Politics
Trump Threatens More Strikes on Iran as Tensions Escalate in the Middle East
Image: DETIK

US President Donald Trump has threatened to launch more strikes against Iran, as tensions in the Middle East continue to escalate with Washington pounding Iranian targets for nine consecutive nights.

Trump stated that the latest US attacks were carried out in honour of American military personnel who have been killed in recent days. “We hit them very hard again tonight, and we did it in honour of, maybe there are three, three great patriots,” Trump told reporters upon his return to Washington DC after attending the World Cup final.

“We will strike Iran again tonight to honour the American soldiers,” the US President said. In a statement to reporters on Sunday evening local time, Trump said that US forces had delivered a “very devastating blow to Iran tonight.”

The US Central Command (CENTCOM) announced the latest wave of strikes on Iran via social media platform X, stating: “CENTCOM began a new wave of strikes against Iran at 7:00 p.m. ET tonight. These strikes will continue to degrade Iran’s military capabilities used to attack commercial vessels and civilian mariners transiting the Strait of Hormuz.”

The Strait of Hormuz has become the focal point of the latest dispute, with both nations vying for control of the strategic waterway. In recent weeks, the US and Iran have exchanged attacks following strikes on ships in the Strait of Hormuz, which Washington believes were orchestrated by Tehran. US military forces have struck Iranian targets on land and at sea, while Tehran has retaliated by targeting US military bases in Gulf states. The renewed fighting has thwarted a ceasefire agreement previously mediated by Pakistan.

View JSON | Print