Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

Trump Rejects Latest Peace Proposal from Iran

| Source: ANTARA_ID Translated from Indonesian | Politics
Trump Rejects Latest Peace Proposal from Iran
Image: ANTARA_ID

Moscow (ANTARA) - United States President Donald Trump said on Sunday (3/5) that he had studied Iran’s new proposal to resolve the conflict between the US and Iran but deemed it unacceptable.

“(The proposal) I cannot accept. I have studied it, I have studied everything — it is unacceptable,” Trump told Israeli broadcaster Kan.

The US leader added that the United States’ military operations against Israel were proceeding very well.

Earlier on the same day, Al Jazeera reported, citing sources familiar with the matter, that Iran had submitted a three-phase plan to the US to achieve long-term peace, which includes halting uranium enrichment for 15 years.

The first phase of the plan includes a complete cessation of hostilities between the US and Iran within 30 days, the implementation of a ceasefire across the region, and a non-aggression agreement between the two countries that also involves Iran’s allies in the region and Israel.

Additionally, the establishment of an international monitoring mechanism is planned to oversee potential ceasefire violations.

The second phase includes freezing uranium enrichment activities for 15 years, followed by restrictions on enrichment levels to 3.6 percent in accordance with the zero storage principle.

The third phase, which is long-term, involves initiating strategic dialogue between Iran and Arab countries as well as neighbouring states in the region to form a joint security system.

View JSON | Print