Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

Transjabodetabek Users Hope Fares Won't Rise: 'The Cheapest Transport'

| Source: DETIK Translated from Indonesian | Infrastructure
Transjabodetabek Users Hope Fares Won't Rise: 'The Cheapest Transport'
Image: DETIK

The DKI Jakarta Provincial Government plans to increase fares for the Transjabodetabek bus service. Residents are rejecting the increase and calling for synergy between the DKI Jakarta Provincial Government and the West Java Provincial Government.

“If possible, don’t raise it. It’s the cheapest transport,” said a Transjabodetabek user from Bogor, Anggi (33), at Blok M Terminal on Thursday (11/6/2026). “I agree with cooperation (between Jakarta and West Java), because transport there (Bogor) is still quite difficult,” he added.

Anggi worries that fare increases for Transjabodetabek, which connects Jakarta with Bogor, Tangerang, and Bekasi, will burden passengers. He frequently uses the service for daily mobility. “The concern is that transport costs will just increase,” he said.

Another Jakarta resident, Heri Sumarsono, who often travels to Bogor, hopes the fare will be maintained. He believes a price increase would burden the public. “Even though I am elderly, I do not agree with a fare increase. I feel sorry for those under 50 because they still pay the regular fare,” Heri said. He argued that Transjabodetabek fares must remain affordable, especially since many rely on it for commuting to and from work. “I hope it stays flat, for the sake of others,” he said.

Previously, DKI Jakarta Governor Pramono Anung confirmed that Transjabodetabek fares would be adjusted. However, the exact amount is still under discussion and will be decided soon. “Regarding the fare, it will be decided shortly, as I mentioned when officially launching the Blok M to Soekarno-Hatta route. At that time, I also said it is impossible for the Blok M-Soekarno-Hatta fare to be Rp 3,500, because taking DAMRI or other transport already averages above Rp 100,000,” Pramono said in Kuningan, South Jakarta, on Monday (8/6/2026). “Therefore, there will be an adjustment, and the figure will be decided soon,” he continued.

The statement reinforces the provincial government’s plan to adjust Transjabodetabek fares. However, Pramono has not yet disclosed the new fare. When asked about reports that the fare would start from Rp 10,000, Pramono did not confirm it. “I will decide later,” he said briefly.

The DKI Jakarta Provincial Government plans to adjust Transjabodetabek fares following the operation of several new routes connecting Jakarta with its satellite cities, including the Blok M-Soekarno-Hatta Airport route. The government considers the current Rp 3,500 fare no longer relevant for longer intercity routes. Nevertheless, it has assured that the fare adjustment will consider public affordability and the sustainability of the public transport service.

View JSON | Print