TNI Soldier Killed in Israeli Attack in Lebanon, Foreign Minister Sugiono: We Strongly Condemn It!
Foreign Minister Sugiono has expressed condolences over the death of TNI soldier Praka Farizal Rhomadhon, who was struck by artillery fire while carrying out a peacekeeping mission in Lebanon on Sunday, 29 March 2026. “Praka Farizal Rhomadhon has fallen. Three of his comrades were injured, one seriously and currently in a coma, and two with minor injuries,” Sugiono told reporters on Monday, 30 March 2026. “As Foreign Minister and on behalf of the Republic of Indonesia’s government, we extend our deepest condolences,” he added. Sugiono emphasised that the Indonesian government strongly condemns the attack carried out by Israel that resulted in the TNI soldier’s death. “We also strongly condemn this incident and the attacks carried out by Israel in southern Lebanon,” he stated. It was previously reported that one TNI soldier was declared dead and three others injured due to an artillery attack while on a peacekeeping mission in Lebanon on Sunday, 29 March 2026. Aulia explained that the attack stemmed from the escalating conflict in the Lebanon region, particularly in southern Lebanon. This escalation in conflict triggered several attacks, one of which targeted the area where the Indonesian contingent was located in the city of Adshit al-Qusyar in southern Lebanon on Sunday, 29 March 2026. The soldier who died in the attack was named Praka Farizal Rhomadhon. The three other soldiers who were injured are Praka Rico Pramudia, Praka Bayu Prakoso, and Praka Arif Kurniawan. “The fallen soldier is currently laid to rest at the East Sector Headquarters (HQ) and administrative arrangements for repatriation to Indonesia are being finalised with assistance from the Indonesian Embassy in Beirut,” said Aulia. “Praka Rico Pramudia suffered serious injuries, while Praka Bayu Prakoso and Praka Arif Kurniawan sustained minor injuries and are currently receiving medical treatment,” he continued. Aulia has so far been unable to explain who was behind the attack or the motive. “The incident occurred amid mutual artillery exchanges, and it has not yet been confirmed which party directly caused it. The investigation is still being conducted by UNIFIL,” he clarified.