Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

Three Candidates for MK Justice to Replace Anwar Usman: Who Are They?

| Source: CNN_ID Translated from Indonesian | Politics
Three Candidates for MK Justice to Replace Anwar Usman: Who Are They?
Image: CNN_ID

President Prabowo Subianto is scheduled to inaugurate one of three candidates for Constitutional Court (MK) justice to replace Anwar Usman this week.

Previously, the Selection Committee (Pansel) announced the names of high court judges who passed the selection as candidates for MK justice to replace Anwar Usman, who is retiring this year.

The Pansel, chaired by Supreme Court Deputy Chief for Judicial Affairs Suharto, determined three candidate names to fill the position.

This decision is contained in Announcement Letter No. 46 WKMA.Y/KP1.1/III/2026 regarding the Results of the Open Selection for Constitutional Court Justice Candidates from the Supreme Court of the Republic of Indonesia for the 2026 Fiscal Year, signed by Suharto on 9 March 2026.

“Based on the results of the Essay Writing, Annotation of Decisions Writing, and Fitness Test/Interview conducted by the Open Selection Committee for Constitutional Court Justice Candidates from the Supreme Court of the Republic of Indonesia for the 2026 Fiscal Year, hereby the results of the selection for the 3 (three) best participants based on the highest ranking scores arranged alphabetically are announced,” states the announcement on the official Supreme Court website, Wednesday (11/3).

Here are the three names of high court judges who passed the selection as candidates to replace Anwar Usman:

  1. Fahmiron, High Court Justice at the Denpasar High Court

  2. Liliek Prisbawono Adi, High Court Justice at the Medan High Court

  3. Marsudin Nainggolan, Chief Justice of the North Kalimantan High Court

“The decision of the Open Selection Committee for Constitutional Court Justice Candidates from the Supreme Court of the Republic of Indonesia for the 2026 Fiscal Year is final and cannot be contested,” states the announcement.

State Secretary Minister Prasetyo Hadi said the government has also received a letter from the Supreme Court regarding the names of candidates for MK justice to replace Anwar Usman.

“It is planned as soon as possible this week,” Prasetyo said at the Presidential Palace in Jakarta, Wednesday (8/4).

Although the inauguration schedule has been planned, Prasetyo is still keeping secret the name of the justice appointed to replace Anwar Usman.

After 15 years of service since 2011, Anwar Usman officially entered retirement as a Constitutional Court Justice on 6 April 2026.

View JSON | Print