TAUD Sues Metro Police Chief to South Jakarta District Court over Andrie Yunus Case
The Advocacy Team for Democracy (TAUD) has registered a pre-trial application at the South Jakarta District Court regarding the handling of the acid attack case against Andrie Yunus, Deputy Coordinator for External Affairs of the Commission for Missing Persons and Victims of Violence (KontraS).
The pre-trial is filed because the investigation process at Metro Jaya Police Headquarters is considered stalled or deadlocked.
“In this application, we are suing the Metro Jaya Police Chief and the Director of General Criminal Investigation at Metro Jaya Police Headquarters as respondents,” said Alif Fauzi Nurwidiastomo, Head of Advocacy at LBH Jakarta, at the South Jakarta District Court on Wednesday (29/4), as quoted from the LBH Jakarta Instagram account.
The police had previously conducted an investigation into the acid attack on Andrie with a model A report. However, the process stopped when the police handed over the case handling to the TNI Military Police Centre (Puspom).
TAUD, as Andrie’s legal representatives, stated that they never received official notification regarding the handover.
“This pre-trial mechanism is to test whether what Metro Jaya Police Headquarters has done is serious or not regarding this case, because under the Criminal Procedure Code, we do not recognise inter-agency handovers,” said Nabil Hafizhurrahman, Public Lawyer at LBH Jakarta.
He believes that the investigation process at Metro Jaya Police Headquarters should continue and the acid attack case should be tried in the general court instead of the military court.
“This is to test the actions of Metro Jaya Police Headquarters towards this case,” he emphasised.
Currently, there are two reports related to the acid attack on Andrie being processed at Metro Jaya Police Headquarters.
The first report is model A, filed by the police shortly after the acid attack incident occurred.
Meanwhile, the second report is model B, filed by TAUD to the National Police Criminal Investigation Agency (Bareskrim Polri). However, the model B report was handed over to Metro Jaya Police Headquarters.
The Jakarta Military Court II-08 has held a trial reading the indictment against four defendants who are TNI BAIS members on Wednesday, 29 April 2026.
The defendants are Sergeant Two Edi Sudarko, First Lieutenant Budhi Hariyanto Widhi, Captain Nandala Dwi Prasetyo, and First Lieutenant Sami Lakka.
They are charged with serious assault using acid against Andrie. The motive was that the defendants were annoyed with Andrie, whom they claimed had insulted the TNI institution.
The action by Andrie that reportedly made the defendants vengeful was when he, along with several other civil society members, interrupted a meeting discussing the revision of the TNI Law at the Fairmont Hotel in March 2025.