Situbondo Regency Prepares 26 Buses for 997 Hajj Pilgrims
Situbondo (ANTARA) - The Situbondo Regency Government in East Java is preparing 26 buses to transport Hajj pilgrims to the Sukolilo Hajj Dormitory in Surabaya on 14 May 2026. The Head of the Social Welfare Section of the Situbondo Regency Government, Iwan Subhakti, stated that the local government is facilitating the departure of 997 prospective Hajj pilgrims by providing 24 buses plus two reserve buses. “Today we held a coordination meeting for the preparation of the Hajj pilgrims’ departure with the Ministry of Religious Affairs and Umrah, Commission IV of the Situbondo DPRD, and other relevant stakeholders,” he said in Situbondo on Thursday. According to Iwan, the Hajj pilgrims will be transported from two points on 14 May, namely the Regency Pendopo in Situbondo and the Pendopo Pate Alos Besuki (western Situbondo area). “One week before being sent off to the Surabaya Hajj Dormitory, on 7 May 2026, a ceremonial farewell will be held at the pendopo by Situbondo Regent Yusuf Rio Wahyu Prayogo and Deputy Regent Ulfiyah,” he said. “Previously we mentioned 998 prospective Hajj pilgrims, reduced by one to 997 people, because one pilgrim passed away,” he added. “So, filling that vacancy is the authority of the Surabaya Embarkation, which could be filled by a prospective Hajj pilgrim from Situbondo or from other areas in East Java,” Rif’an added. The Situbondo Hajj pilgrims are scheduled to depart for the Hajj dormitory in Surabaya on 14 May and are divided into four flight groups (kloter), namely kloter 87, 88, 89, and kloter 90. The flight groups 88 and 89 consist entirely of prospective Hajj pilgrims from Situbondo, while kloter 87 is combined with pilgrims from Bondowoso, and kloter 90 is combined with pilgrims from Jember Regency.