Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

Saudi Crown Prince Approves Indonesian Hajj Village Just 400 Metres from Masjidil Haram

| Source: GALERT
RILISID, Jakarta — Investment and Downstream Industries Minister/Head of the Investment Coordinating Board (BKPM) Rosan Roeslani has revealed that a dedicated hajj village for Indonesian pilgrims will be located just 400 metres from Masjidil Haram in Makkah, Saudi Arabia.

He said the plan had been approved by Crown Prince and Prime Minister of Saudi Arabia Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud (MBS) during his meeting with President Prabowo Subianto at Al-Salam Palace in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, last week.

"He (Prince MBS) approved the President's request to establish an Indonesian Village," Rosan said on Monday (14/7/2025).

"The location is not too far away, just 400 metres from Masjidil Haram," he added.

Rosan, who accompanied Prabowo during the meeting at Al-Salam Palace, did not specify the exact location where the hajj village would be built. He also did not explain when construction would begin, as the project is still under review.

What is certain is that the Indonesian and Saudi Arabian governments will soon form a special team to discuss the construction plans for the Hajj Village, according to Head of the Hajj Management Agency (BPH) Mochamad Irfan Yusuf in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

"Regarding the Hajj Village, he will also form a team to study the possibilities that can be undertaken by the Saudi and Indonesian governments. That is my understanding," he explained in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, on Thursday (3/5/2025).
View JSON | Print