Rismon Denies Accusation That Jusuf Kalla Funded Jokowi's Diploma Case
Jakarta – Digital forensics expert Rismon Sianipar has denied ever referring to Indonesia’s 10th and 12th Vice President, Jusuf Kalla (JK), as the funder or backer of the case alleging that the diploma of Indonesia’s 7th President, Joko Widodo (Jokowi), is fake.
Rismon’s lawyer, Jahmada Girsang, stated that the video circulating on social media is an AI-generated fabrication.
To date, Rismon has never mentioned Jusuf Kalla’s name, according to Jahmada.
“Rismon has never mentioned Mr JK’s name. The circulating video is a hoax, generated by AI,” Jahmada told reporters on Monday, 6 April 2026.
Regarding the report filed by Jusuf Kalla against Rismon, Jahmada declined to comment further.
“I think we should let it be for now; it’s not that easy to file a report. It will first be examined in the preliminary investigation for the initial evidence presented,” he said.
It was previously reported that Indonesia’s 10th and 12th Vice President, Jusuf Kalla, through his legal representatives, reported the owner and YouTube accounts suspected of spreading false news or hoaxes after Rismon Sianipar claimed to be the funder in the case of President Joko Widodo’s fake diploma. The report was submitted to the National Police Criminal Investigation Agency on Monday, 6 April 2026.
“So besides Rismon, there are about four (others being reported). So there is the YouTube owner, YouTubers, and sources,” said Jusuf Kalla’s lawyer, Abdul Haji Talaohu, at the National Police Criminal Investigation Agency on Monday, 6 April 2026.
Abdul further explained that in his statement, Rismon allegedly claimed that Jusuf Kalla gave Rp5 billion to Roy Suryo and associates.
“He made statements, one of which mentioned that behind the movement questioning Mr Jokowi’s diploma, there are elite officials. And there he mentioned that Mr JK gave or handed over money to, if not mistaken, Roy and associates amounting to Rp5 billion, and he witnessed it,” Abdul revealed.
“That’s why we are making this report today as a serious step to respond and demand accountability and clarification from him,” he clarified.
This statement was then echoed by several YouTube accounts, leading Abdul to assess it as suspected dissemination of false news or hoaxes.