Rio Haryanto's Personal Data Leaked: Solo City Government Issues Apology
The Solo city government has issued a formal apology to former Formula 1 driver Rio Haryanto following the circulation of his marriage registration documents, which were uploaded by an employee at the Penumping sub-district office in Laweyan district.
This was conveyed by the Head of the Solo City Civil Service and Human Resources Development Agency (BKPSDM), Beni Supartono Putro, on Thursday, 19 February 2026.
Beni said he represented the Solo city government in delivering an official apology to Rio Haryanto over the viral social media post containing the documents.
"In principle, we have directly conveyed our apology to Rio over this incident. However, the disciplinary hearing process and internal coaching will continue," Beni said via telephone on Thursday, 19 February 2026.
According to Beni, Rio Haryanto accepted the apology. Nevertheless, Rio requested that the Solo city government proceed with disciplinary action against the employee who disseminated his personal data.
"He has conveyed his forgiveness. However, regarding the disciplinary process for the violation committed by our employee, he wishes for it to continue," Beni said.
He affirmed that the city government is committed to completing the process as part of institutional coaching and deterrence. "This will not stop at merely an apology. The disciplinary hearing will continue and will result in sanctions in accordance with regulations," he said.
The case emerged after screenshots of an Instagram Story circulated showing a marriage introduction letter bearing Rio Haryanto's name without any data redaction. In the post, the employee identified as A expressed surprise and pride at having handled the marriage administration process for Rio, and mentioned meeting Rio's mother, whom the employee described as friendly and humble.
An investigation revealed that the document was issued in 2024 when A was still serving as a contract worker (TKPK) at the Penumping sub-district office in Laweyan district. A has since been appointed as a full-time Government Employee with Work Agreement (PPPK) at the Solo City Civil Service Police Unit (Satpol PP).
Beni stressed that although the incident occurred before A was appointed as an PPPK civil servant, the disciplinary process would still proceed.
"Currently, the individual holds full-time PPPK status at Satpol PP. However, we are still conducting the coaching and disciplinary hearing process," Beni said.
According to Beni, A admitted that the post was made on a personal social media account and was deleted within 24 hours. However, screenshots had already been captured and went viral again in 2026.
"According to A's account, it was deleted within 24 hours. But it had presumably already been screenshotted by others and re-uploaded," he said.
Regarding the motive, Beni said A admitted to being motivated by a sense of pride at having served a public figure. However, he emphasised that the action constituted a privacy violation.
"The motive was a personal sense of pride at having served Rio. But the manner in which it was done violated privacy," he said.
As for sanctions, Beni said these have not yet been determined. He explained that the hearing results would be brought to a subsequent session with the Regional Secretary and the Inspector to determine the level of disciplinary punishment.
"In principle, the decision rests with the Regional Secretary," Beni said.
This was conveyed by the Head of the Solo City Civil Service and Human Resources Development Agency (BKPSDM), Beni Supartono Putro, on Thursday, 19 February 2026.
Beni said he represented the Solo city government in delivering an official apology to Rio Haryanto over the viral social media post containing the documents.
"In principle, we have directly conveyed our apology to Rio over this incident. However, the disciplinary hearing process and internal coaching will continue," Beni said via telephone on Thursday, 19 February 2026.
According to Beni, Rio Haryanto accepted the apology. Nevertheless, Rio requested that the Solo city government proceed with disciplinary action against the employee who disseminated his personal data.
"He has conveyed his forgiveness. However, regarding the disciplinary process for the violation committed by our employee, he wishes for it to continue," Beni said.
He affirmed that the city government is committed to completing the process as part of institutional coaching and deterrence. "This will not stop at merely an apology. The disciplinary hearing will continue and will result in sanctions in accordance with regulations," he said.
The case emerged after screenshots of an Instagram Story circulated showing a marriage introduction letter bearing Rio Haryanto's name without any data redaction. In the post, the employee identified as A expressed surprise and pride at having handled the marriage administration process for Rio, and mentioned meeting Rio's mother, whom the employee described as friendly and humble.
An investigation revealed that the document was issued in 2024 when A was still serving as a contract worker (TKPK) at the Penumping sub-district office in Laweyan district. A has since been appointed as a full-time Government Employee with Work Agreement (PPPK) at the Solo City Civil Service Police Unit (Satpol PP).
Beni stressed that although the incident occurred before A was appointed as an PPPK civil servant, the disciplinary process would still proceed.
"Currently, the individual holds full-time PPPK status at Satpol PP. However, we are still conducting the coaching and disciplinary hearing process," Beni said.
According to Beni, A admitted that the post was made on a personal social media account and was deleted within 24 hours. However, screenshots had already been captured and went viral again in 2026.
"According to A's account, it was deleted within 24 hours. But it had presumably already been screenshotted by others and re-uploaded," he said.
Regarding the motive, Beni said A admitted to being motivated by a sense of pride at having served a public figure. However, he emphasised that the action constituted a privacy violation.
"The motive was a personal sense of pride at having served Rio. But the manner in which it was done violated privacy," he said.
As for sanctions, Beni said these have not yet been determined. He explained that the hearing results would be brought to a subsequent session with the Regional Secretary and the Inspector to determine the level of disciplinary punishment.
"In principle, the decision rests with the Regional Secretary," Beni said.