Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

Rio Haryanto Responds After Solo Civil Servant Leaks His Personal Data

| Source: TEMPO_ID | Legal
Former Formula 1 driver Rio Haryanto has responded to the circulation of his personal data on social media by a civil servant (ASN) in Solo, Central Java. The leaked document was a marriage introduction letter issued by the Penumping sub-district office in Solo in 2024.

Rio said he was shocked to discover the document had been uploaded to social media by a Penumping sub-district official. "Honestly, I was shocked that my personal data went viral after being published on a sub-district official's story," Rio told reporters in Solo, Central Java, on Friday, 20 February 2026.

The case came to light after screenshots surfaced of an Instagram Story showing a marriage introduction letter bearing the former Formula 1 driver's name without any data redaction. The person who uploaded the personal data was an ASN with government employee on contract (PPPK) status within the Solo City Government, identified by the initial A.

A uploaded Rio's personal data whilst serving as a contract worker (TKPK) at the Penumping sub-district office, Laweyan district, in 2024. In the post, A expressed surprise and pride at having handled Rio's marriage administration process, and mentioned meeting Rio's mother, whom A described as friendly and humble.

Following the circulation of his personal data on social media, Rio Haryanto expressed concern about the potential misuse of the document. He stated that civil servants should understand the importance of maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of citizens' documents.

Rio said he was leaving the follow-up of the case entirely to the Solo City Government and Solo Mayor Respati Ardi. "I am leaving the handling of this matter to the city government and the Mayor of Solo. Sanctions should follow proper procedures," he said.

He confirmed that he had received apologies from both the Solo City Government and the official concerned. Rio has forgiven the Solo civil servant who disseminated his personal data.

"I have forgiven the sub-district official who shared my marriage introduction documents from 2024. I have also accepted the city government's apology," Rio said.

According to Rio, the civil servant came to see him personally to apologise. "Since they came to apologise in person, I forgave them. Especially during Ramadan, we should forgive one another," he said.

He expressed hope that the incident would serve as a reminder for government officials to exercise greater care when handling citizens' personal documents. "This case should be a lesson. It must not happen again," he said.

The Solo City Government is currently handling the case. A has already undergone a disciplinary hearing conducted by Solo's Civil Service and Human Resources Development Agency (BKPSDM) in the assessment room of Solo City Hall on Thursday, 19 February 2026.

BKPSDM Solo head Beni Supartono Putro said the examination of A was carried out together with an evaluation team involving representatives from BKPSDM, the Inspectorate, the Legal Division, A's direct superior, the Penumping sub-district head, and the head of the Civil Service Police Unit.

"The hearing began with an examination of the leadership element, after which the individual concerned was summoned to provide a statement," Beni said when contacted on Thursday, 19 February 2026.

The examination revealed that Rio Haryanto's personal document was issued in 2024 when A was still serving as a contract worker at the Penumping sub-district office, Laweyan district. A has since attained full-time PPPK status at the Solo City Civil Service Police Unit.

Beni emphasised that although the incident occurred before A was appointed as a PPPK civil servant, the disciplinary process would still proceed.
View JSON | Print