Residents Hope Governor Will Personally Inspect Location of Illegal Waste Disposal Site in North Jakarta
JAKARTA, KOMPAS.com - Residents are hoping that the Governor of Jakarta, Pramono Anung, will personally inspect the location of the illegal waste disposal site next to the Penjaringan City Forest Park in North Jakarta.
The location is still filled with piles of garbage and emits a pungent odour.
“We hope that (the governor will come down personally) so that he can inspect it directly and take immediate action,” he said when met by Kompas.com at the location on Friday (15/5/2026).
According to him, the provincial government’s swift follow-up action previously occurred when Pramono personally inspected the issue of the elevated road on the side of the Pejagalan area, Penjaringan, North Jakarta.
Andri said that the piles of garbage at the location can still be seen, even though it was previously cleaned after the area was highlighted by the media.
“As far as I remember, it was cleaned when a TV station covered it, the next day there was still some, but after that, the cleaning activities have not been carried out until now. The heavy equipment is no longer there,” he said.
However, it is said that the piles of garbage are still accumulating inside.
In response to the community’s complaints, the Head of the Environmental Implementation Unit (Kasatpel LH) of the Penjaringan sub-district, Fadli, said that his party has been carrying out waste transportation every day for the past week.
He said that the cleaning process involved a joint fleet from the North Jakarta Environmental Agency, the Water Body Management Unit, the Thousand Islands Environmental Agency, and assistance from heavy equipment from the Water Resources Service.
“The instructions will be followed up as soon as possible, and later, once it is level, it will be covered with mud by the Water Resources Service,” he added.