Purwakarta Chief Prosecutor Denies Inclusion in Viral List of 20 Names in MBG Corruption Case
Purwakarta District Prosecutor Apsari Dewi has strongly denied her name being linked to the Free Nutritious Meal programme. The denial was issued after her name appeared on a list that went viral on social media, associated with an alleged corruption case in the management of the Free Nutritious Meal programme at the National Nutrition Agency. Apsari confirmed that the information claiming her as an owner or party affiliated with an MBG provider kitchen is untrue. “That is not true. I do not own a kitchen and have no affiliation with any kitchen,” Apsari told reporters on Wednesday, 10 June 2026. Social media has recently been abuzz with the circulation of a list of names of officials, public figures and law enforcement officers allegedly linked to the management of the MBG programme. Apsari Dewi’s name was included on the list with her position as Purwakarta District Prosecutor. Apsari’s name was also linked to the legal case involving former National Nutrition Agency Deputy Head Sony Sonjaya. However, to date, there has been no official statement or legal facts indicating Apsari’s involvement in the case. Therefore, Apsari expressed regret over the emergence of various pieces of information circulating without clear basis and data. According to her, such information has the potential to mislead public opinion. As a law enforcement officer, Apsari urged the public not to easily believe unverified information. “Amidst the rapid flow of information, the public is expected to be more critical in responding to various news so as not to be trapped by information that cannot necessarily be accounted for,” said Apsari. She also stressed the importance of fact-checking and confirming directly with relevant parties before disseminating information circulating on social media. Through this clarification, Apsari hopes the public will obtain complete and balanced information and not be easily influenced by issues not yet supported by valid facts. It was previously reported that Sony Sonjaya’s legal counsel, Elza Syarief, spoke about her client’s intention to reveal 20 names of high-ranking officials allegedly involved in the corruption case concerning the management of Free Nutritious Meals.