Purbaya Prepares Significant Budget for Military Equipment Procurement, Amount Remains Classified
Finance Minister Purbaya Yudhi Sadewa has revealed that the government has prepared a significant budget for the procurement of main weapons systems (alutsista) for the upcoming years.
“There is an allocation, and for next year, we have also budgeted a quite significant amount. However, if you ask for the specific figure, it remains classified,” Purbaya stated at Halim Perdanakusuma Air Force Base, Jakarta, on Monday (18/5/2026).
Purbaya noted that this budget is intended to bolster national defence capabilities across land, sea, and air territories.
“There is an allocation for next year, and for the year after that as well; next year’s budget is already set at a considerable level. In the midst of current uncertainties, as the President rightly said, we must maintain our defence capabilities,” he added.
It was previously reported that President Prabowo Subianto handed over several pieces of military equipment to the Indonesian National Armed Forces (TNI) at Halim Perdanakusuma Air Force Base on Monday morning. In his speech, Prabowo emphasised that this addition of military hardware marks a milestone in national defence strength. The Head of State expressed his intention to continuously enhance the nation’s defence capabilities.
“We must continuously increase our defence strength to serve as a deterrent. We have no interests other than protecting our own territory,” said Prabowo.