Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

Presidential Chief of Staff Confirms Prabowo's Claim of Paid Protests

| Source: DETIK Translated from Indonesian | Politics
Presidential Chief of Staff Confirms Prabowo's Claim of Paid Protests
Image: DETIK

Kepala Kantor Staf Presiden Dudung Abdurachman has responded to President Prabowo Subianto’s statement regarding knowledge of parties paying for protest actions. Dudung is confident that Prabowo’s statement stems from accurate information. “Yes, indeed, the President knows. I am sure the President also received accurate information. And of course, there are steps that the President will take. My response is that the information could be true,” Dudung told reporters at the Bina Graha Building, Central Jakarta, on Friday (26/6/2026). Dudung said that if the information is proven true, the next step is to ensure that the handling follows the applicable legal mechanisms. “Yes, we just need to ensure the next steps are according to the law,” he said. Furthermore, Dudung asked the public to look at various government programmes comprehensively and not just highlight their shortcomings. He cited the Free Nutritious Meal (MBG) programme as an example, which he believes has had a positive impact on the community. “Like MBG, we should not just look at the negative side from a small shortcoming, but there are many extraordinary impacts according to me,” he said. “It can be said that 90 percent of the beneficiaries are truly impacted, including MSMEs, volunteers, and so on. Now, these are things that we also need to understand and feel. Do not just blow negative views out of proportion,” Dudung continued. Dudung invited all elements of society to support the implementation of the MBG programme. According to him, the programme is not only beneficial for children and pregnant women but is also part of the government’s efforts to realise people’s welfare. “This will get better in the future. This good intention is also not merely for popularity, but this good intention is for the welfare of the people in accordance with the ideals of the Indonesian nation,” he said. Prabowo previously touched on several matters in his speech at the peak of the 17th National Farmers and Fishermen’s Week (Penas) in Gorontalo on Wednesday (24/6), including the demonstrations that have occurred in several regions recently. According to Prabowo, he knows the actors behind the demonstrations. Prabowo said these parties do not like him. Prabowo asserted that he knows who the corrupt people are. Prabowo mentioned that these parties are also involved in paying for the recent demonstrations. Prabowo warned these parties. “Ladies and gentlemen. Be careful, okay. I am warning them. I know who pays for the demonstrations, I know that. But it is okay, go ahead and demonstrate. Ask them, ask the demonstrators, they do not understand. What do you want to demonstrate about? Hmmm… I was paid Rp 200,000, they say. But there is. I do not understand,” he said.

View JSON | Print