Pramono Touched as Orphans Choose Household Needs Over Toys During Shopping Aid
Jakarta Governor Pramono Anung recounted a moving experience while accompanying orphans shopping during the Muharram Santunan programme, a joint initiative between Baznas Bazis DKI and the Jakarta Provincial Government. He noted that the children chose to buy household necessities.
This was conveyed by Pramono after the distribution of aid to orphans at a shopping centre in Central Jakarta on Thursday (9/7/2026). Pramono was seen accompanying the orphaned beneficiaries as they shopped.
He stated that 3,440 orphans received aid in the programme, with each child receiving Rp 1 million.
“The total number of children receiving aid is 3,440, and each child gets Rp 1 million, with Rp 250,000 in cash, a package worth Rp 500,000, and the remainder in vouchers,” said Pramono.
Pramono admitted he was touched by the shopping choices made by the children. He said many did not choose items for their personal use.
“This programme is very beneficial for our children who are in need. I accompanied them and was surprised that they did not choose things for themselves, but rather soap, dishwashing liquid, and other daily necessities to help their parents at home,” he said.
“Although some also took noodles, which are for their daily consumption,” he added.
He said the programme will be held to commemorate Jakarta’s 500th anniversary. He also explained the target of increasing the number of beneficiaries for the school certificate amnesty programme to 6,000 people.
“As we know, the good cooperation between the Jakarta Provincial Government and Baznas Bazis has enabled many programmes, one of which is the school certificate amnesty in Jakarta, which last year reached 6,050 students, and this year, the first phase has already reached 2,025 students. The hope is that it will exceed 6,000 again,” he concluded.