Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

Pramono to Dismiss DKI Apparatus Found Guilty of Illegal Levies

| Source: ANTARA_ID | Politics
Jakarta — Jakarta Governor Pramono Anung Wibowo has affirmed that his administration will relieve any DKI Jakarta Provincial Government personnel found to have engaged in illegal levies (pungli).

"If there are indeed illegal levies carried out by anyone, whether it be Satpol PP or anyone else, as long as they are DKI Jakarta Government apparatus including PJLP [contract workers], I will not hesitate to relieve them of their duties," said Pramono when met at Taman Bendera Pusaka in South Jakarta on Friday.

He stressed that there would be no compromise on the practice of illegal levies within the DKI Jakarta Provincial Government.

Previously, a video went viral on social media showing a mobile coffee vendor protesting the enforcement action against his trade on the pavement outside the Ministry of Health offices in Kuningan, South Jakarta.

In the video circulating on social media, the vendor accused Satpol PP officers of collecting monthly payments from traders whilst still prohibiting him from selling at the location.

"Here, this is Satpol PP who collects monthly payments every month from traders, and also takes food from them every day. Here! Here! Here, look at them making threats!" said the vendor in a post uploaded to the @relawanranjaupaku account.

While recording, the vendor voiced strong protests and pointed at officers he accused of carrying out the levies.

On the other hand, a voice could be heard reminding him that selling on the road violated regulations. "Please don't sell on the road, it's not allowed," said someone in the video.
View JSON | Print