Pramono: RT/RW Incentive Increase Delayed Due to Revenue-Sharing Fund Cuts
Jakarta Governor Pramono Anung Wibowo has acknowledged that the planned increase in incentives for RT/RW (neighbourhood and community unit) administrators has yet to be realised due to a Rp15 trillion cut in revenue-sharing funds (Dana Bagi Hasil/DBH) from the central government.
"Because our DBH was cut by Rp15 trillion, our fiscal room has become tight. However, I will continue to follow through on this," Pramono said in South Jakarta on Friday.
In addition to the RT/RW incentive increase, Pramono also intends to proceed with a CCTV installation programme that he had pledged during his candidacy for the capital's leadership.
Previously, the DKI Jakarta Provincial Government had prepared incentive increases for RT and RW administrators beginning in October 2025.
"The budget has been included in the revised 2025 Regional Revenue and Expenditure Budget (APBD-P). Hopefully, distribution of the incentives will begin in October," said Jakarta Deputy Governor Rano Karno.
He explained that incentives for RT administrators would rise by approximately 25 per cent, from Rp2 million to around Rp2.5 million per month. Meanwhile, RW incentives would increase from the previous Rp2.5 million to approximately Rp3 million per month on a phased basis.
The policy is also a follow-up to one of Governor Pramono Anung's campaign promises during the 2024 regional elections (Pilkada), in which he pledged to enhance operational support for RT and RW administrators alongside his running mate Rano Karno.
During the campaign, Pramono had emphasised the vital role of RT and RW administrators as the front line of neighbourhood security and public order. He assessed that the provincial government's budget, running into the trillions of rupiah, was sufficient to realise the programme to boost operational support.
The DKI Jakarta Provincial Government subsequently proposed additional budget allocations for RT and RW incentives in the revised 2025 regional budget as part of efforts to improve the welfare of administrators whilst encouraging community-based public service.
"Because our DBH was cut by Rp15 trillion, our fiscal room has become tight. However, I will continue to follow through on this," Pramono said in South Jakarta on Friday.
In addition to the RT/RW incentive increase, Pramono also intends to proceed with a CCTV installation programme that he had pledged during his candidacy for the capital's leadership.
Previously, the DKI Jakarta Provincial Government had prepared incentive increases for RT and RW administrators beginning in October 2025.
"The budget has been included in the revised 2025 Regional Revenue and Expenditure Budget (APBD-P). Hopefully, distribution of the incentives will begin in October," said Jakarta Deputy Governor Rano Karno.
He explained that incentives for RT administrators would rise by approximately 25 per cent, from Rp2 million to around Rp2.5 million per month. Meanwhile, RW incentives would increase from the previous Rp2.5 million to approximately Rp3 million per month on a phased basis.
The policy is also a follow-up to one of Governor Pramono Anung's campaign promises during the 2024 regional elections (Pilkada), in which he pledged to enhance operational support for RT and RW administrators alongside his running mate Rano Karno.
During the campaign, Pramono had emphasised the vital role of RT and RW administrators as the front line of neighbourhood security and public order. He assessed that the provincial government's budget, running into the trillions of rupiah, was sufficient to realise the programme to boost operational support.
The DKI Jakarta Provincial Government subsequently proposed additional budget allocations for RT and RW incentives in the revised 2025 regional budget as part of efforts to improve the welfare of administrators whilst encouraging community-based public service.