Pramono: Lenteng Agung Footbridge Lift Vandalised by Irresponsible Parties, Cables Cut
Jakarta Governor Pramono Anung has stated that the lift facility on the pedestrian bridge (JPO) in Lenteng Agung, South Jakarta, is out of service after being damaged by irresponsible individuals. He said the lift’s cables were cut by these individuals, rendering it inoperable. “What happened is the cables were cut. Because the cables were cut, it caused its operation to stop,” Pramono told reporters in the Menteng area, Central Jakarta, on Wednesday, 10 June 2026. Pramono then condemned the act of vandalism that occurred at the Lenteng Agung JPO. He instructed the relevant departments to immediately investigate this matter. “Because we do not give space for vandalism in Jakarta,” he said. It was previously reported that the DKI Jakarta Highways Department is currently repairing the electrical system of the lift at the Lenteng Agung Pedestrian Bridge (JPO) in Jagakarsa, which was damaged due to an act of vandalism. The damage, in the form of cut electrical cables, meant the facility could not be used by the public temporarily. “The Highways Department is currently handling and carrying out repairs; it is hoped that in the near future the lift can function optimally again,” said the Head of the Data and Information Centre of the DKI Jakarta Highways Department, Siti Dinarwenny. She also offered an apology because the Lenteng Agung JPO lift is currently unable to operate temporarily due to damage to the electrical system caused by an act of vandalism.