Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

Pramono Hopes No Further Cuts to Jakarta's Revenue-Sharing Funds from Central Government

| Source: CNN_ID Translated from Indonesian | Economy
Pramono Hopes No Further Cuts to Jakarta's Revenue-Sharing Funds from Central Government
Image: CNN_ID

Jakarta Governor Pramono Anung hopes there will be no further cuts to the revenue-sharing funds (DBH) by the central government for the Jakarta Provincial Government. “Bismillah, hopefully not,” said Pramono in Central Jakarta on Friday (19/6).

Previously, Deputy Speaker of the Jakarta Regional House of Representatives (DPRD) Basri Baco had reminded the executive to prepare for the possibility of further cuts to Jakarta’s DBH by the central government. “It is possible that our DBH will decrease again. The central government is currently keen on social affairs that please the public and require large funds,” Baco stated.

For this reason, he reminded the executive to be ready to face that possibility. He also requested that Regional-Owned Enterprises (BUMD) contribute to the Jakarta Regional Budget (APBD). Additionally, he reminded that Jakarta’s assets should be promptly utilised effectively to increase revenue. “And creative financing needs to be done,” said Baco.

View JSON | Print