Pramono Calculates Subsidy Scheme Before Deciding New Transjabodetabek Fares
Jakarta Governor Pramono Anung is studying a proposal from the Jakarta Transport Council (DTKJ) for new Transjakarta and Transjabodetabek fares. Pramono stated that a subsidy scheme calculation will be conducted before any decision is made on public transport tariff adjustments. “The DTKJ report has been submitted to us. We are studying it, and in the coming weeks we will recalculate,” Pramono said at Jakarta City Hall on Wednesday (8/7/2026). “Because to decide on a Transjakarta fare increase and everything else, including Transjabodetabek, we must of course examine how the subsidy should be calculated and implemented,” he continued. He noted that the fare discussions are taking place alongside the deliberation of the Regional Budget (APBD) with the Jakarta Regional Legislative Council (DPRD). Nevertheless, he said the issue of public transport fares is a priority that will be decided soon. “Currently, we are in the process of discussing the APBD with the DPRD, but this is a priority to be resolved immediately,” he stated. Pramono stressed that any fare policy will consider the public interest. He said that if there is a fare adjustment, the burden will not be imposed on groups that have been receiving free transport facilities. “But what is clear is that the Deputy Governor and I will certainly consider the welfare of our citizens. Because we continue to add to the 15 groups that receive free travel, so that anyone who experiences an increase will definitely be those who are able to afford it,” he said. He confirmed that the 15 community groups designated as recipients of free public transport services will continue to receive them. “Meanwhile, the 15 groups, I have now requested that they be encouraged and they will continue to receive free services,” he said. Previously, DTKJ Chairman Sugihardjo proposed an increase in integrated fares for Transjakarta and Transjabodetabek. The Transjakarta fare is proposed to rise to Rp 5,000, while the Transjabodetabek fare would become Rp 10,000. “For those outside the city (Transjabodetabek), it would be Rp 10,000. Moreover, if we encourage integration not only among road-based transport modes but also with LRT and MRT, then if Transjabodetabek is combined with those, it means full integration of all modes,” Sugihardjo told reporters at City Hall on Friday (3/7). He said that despite the fare increase, Transjabodetabek would be integrated with Transjakarta, requiring only a single payment. “So, if it’s Rp 10,000, what is the benchmark for calling it an increase? If previously it was Rp 3,500 and it becomes Rp 10,000, yes, it is an increase. But also consider that they can now use Transjakarta,” he said.