Prabowo confident Board of Peace's grand plan will deliver Gaza peace
Jakarta (ANTARA) — President Prabowo Subianto expressed optimism about the grand plan of the Board of Peace (BoP), an initiative established to bring about peace in Gaza.
The President made the remarks in a doorstop interview after attending the BoP Gaza Summit at the Donald J. Trump Institute of Peace in Washington D.C., United States, on Thursday (19 February) local time.
"We have seen the plans going forward. It appeared very serious, and we are determined for this [BoP] to succeed, because it offers hope for peace," he said.
The Head of State said the initiative brings genuine hope for a peaceful solution for the Palestinian people, although he acknowledged it would not be easy to realise.
According to President Prabowo, the various challenges and obstacles on the path to peace in Gaza had been anticipated from the outset.
"Although in my brief statement earlier, I also reminded everyone of the many difficulties ahead, the many obstacles, challenges and hurdles. But we must be determined to achieve success, for the sake of the Palestinian people," he said.
In his brief remarks, Prabowo Subianto told all parties involved in the BoP that they must possess strong resolve to ensure the effort succeeds in the interest of the Palestinian people.
President Prabowo also affirmed the commitment of the Muslim nations involved in the initial stage of the BoP's formation.
At the meeting of the Group of Eight Muslim nations first invited to participate in the initiative, all agreed to push for lasting peace.
"For us [the group of Muslim nations], the real, the only long-lasting solution is the two-state solution," he said.
The President made the remarks in a doorstop interview after attending the BoP Gaza Summit at the Donald J. Trump Institute of Peace in Washington D.C., United States, on Thursday (19 February) local time.
"We have seen the plans going forward. It appeared very serious, and we are determined for this [BoP] to succeed, because it offers hope for peace," he said.
The Head of State said the initiative brings genuine hope for a peaceful solution for the Palestinian people, although he acknowledged it would not be easy to realise.
According to President Prabowo, the various challenges and obstacles on the path to peace in Gaza had been anticipated from the outset.
"Although in my brief statement earlier, I also reminded everyone of the many difficulties ahead, the many obstacles, challenges and hurdles. But we must be determined to achieve success, for the sake of the Palestinian people," he said.
In his brief remarks, Prabowo Subianto told all parties involved in the BoP that they must possess strong resolve to ensure the effort succeeds in the interest of the Palestinian people.
President Prabowo also affirmed the commitment of the Muslim nations involved in the initial stage of the BoP's formation.
At the meeting of the Group of Eight Muslim nations first invited to participate in the initiative, all agreed to push for lasting peace.
"For us [the group of Muslim nations], the real, the only long-lasting solution is the two-state solution," he said.